11 Holiday Makeup Palettes We Might Just Gift Ourselves
From the fun pops of color to scrumptious wafts of fragrance, shopping for makeup is hands down in our top five fave hobbies. We know it’s damn near impossible to walk out of Sephora empty handed, and we’re firm believers in the importance of treating yo’ self, particularly around the holidays. So, the next time you traipse up to the makeup counter expecting to nab some Harry Potter eyeshadow for your Potterhead bestie, or perhaps a beauty gift set for the hardcore makeup-lover in your life, keep your eyes peeled for these 11 fashionista-approved holiday palettes that made our Xmas lists this year. Don’t leave it up to Santa to guess which one you want!
1. Yves Saint Laurent Multi-Use Palette, Sparkle Clash Collection ($95): Give your face the pre-runway treatment with this all-over palette of couture beauty. Slip into your haute-est holiday outfit and then bring on the shimmer.
2. Marc Jacobs Beauty Object of Desire Face and Eye Palette ($69): You can’t beat a palette like this when it comes to classic wintertime colors. With its matte and shimmer finishes and its three festive shades of plum, this mini tasselled wonder is rocking some impressive inner beauty.
3. Nars Narsissist Unfiltered II Cheek Palette ($59): We all know Nars is the beauty mecca of the blush world, making this palette a primo combination of quality and quantity. Don’t just settle for cult-favorite “Orgasm.” Invest in this palette and you can choose from one of six fab hues instead.
4. Dior Total Matte Smokey Eye Palette ($62): This adorbs Dior palette is our go-to for smokey eyes. It’ll give you the sultriest look of the season and some bangin’ brows to match.
5. Givenchy Le Prisme Superstellar Eye Shadow Palette ($63): Star-shaped shimmer for our eyes? Yes, please. Give your peepers some megawatt star power by nabbing this super stellar palette.
6. Natasha Denona Star Eyeshadow Palette ($169): When’s the best time to get your hands on 18 of the season’s haute-est eyeshadows? The present. Get it?
7. Urban Decay Moondust Palette ($49): This fabulous glittery eyeshadow palette is your golden ticket to metallic eyes. These eight shadows will take your eyes from blasé to sparklin’ beyond belief.
8. Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette, Gems & Jewels ($15): Along with the five bursts of color and sparkles, this palette has the must-have shade of potter’s clay. Don’t ask questions — just get the season’s hottest hue out of that palette and onto your eyelids RN.
9. e.l.f. Spotlight Ready Kit ($15): For the girl who loves options, you can’t go wrong with this all-inclusive makeup palette from e.l.f. From shimmers to mattes in jewel-tones and beyond, it’s holiday-approved and ready to go — the manufacturer is e.l.f., after all.
10. e.l.f. Mad for Matte Lip Kit ($13): We could never leave our lips out of all the holiday fun, especially not with this on-trend matte lip kit. Get puckered up with these wintry-hued lipsticks in four shades.
11. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Surreal Light Blush, Bronzer & Strobe Powder Palette ($80): With oodles of holiday photos on the horizon, you’re gonna want to keep your contouring game on fleek. Snatch this photog-friendly beauty find to stun in your holiday photos, keeping the spotlight strictly on those cheekbones. Yowza!
Which of these palettes do you want to gift yourself? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.