The Top Home Brands to Shop in 2019
2018 may have been a doozy, but things are lookin’ up in 2019. With fresh ideas, trends, and launches to look forward to, it’s out with the old and in with the new. We’re applying the philosophy to your most coveted spot — your home. Kick things off on the right note with these standout brands that are sustainable, sophisticated, and bound to be everywhere in the 12 months to come. If you’re ready for your home makeover, hit refresh by previewing all of these up-and-coming labels below.
1. The Citizenry: One thing we can all get on board with? Socially conscious shopping. Put your money where your mouth is by browsing The Citizenry’s globally sourced home goods made by artisans from across the world. After one look through their lovely, fair trade textured throws and rugs, you’ll wonder why you didn’t start buying from them sooner.
Brit + Co Pick: Baya Lumbar Pillow ($195)
2. Article: We’re turning to this affordably priced site to cover all of our mid-century modern home needs. Think minimalist media consoles, velvet statement seating, and guitar pick tables galore. Toss in top-notch customer service, and you’ll be in great hands working with them.
Brit + Co Pick: Matrix Chair ($599)
3. Cinnamon Projects: 2018 was all about self-care. Since you already have a giant stash of scented candles and cozy socks, you’ll want to take it up a notch with aromatherapy this upcoming year. Start with this stylin’ brand for a selection of sleekly designed burners and incense sticks. With addicting fragrances like iris, juniper, mandarin, and clove, it’ll give your nose some serious love.
Brit + Co Pick: Circa Incense Burner ($150+)
4. Sunday/Monday: Sure, you have your go-to home stores, but there’s something to be said about shopping outside the box. Case and point? Sunday/Monday. Their handwoven selection of Indian-style rugs, patterned throws, and textured fabrics offers all the pizzazz your room needs to keep it from feeling stale in the new year.
Brit + Co Pick:Tic Tac Toe Rug ($250)
5. Blu Dot: Ready to revive your living room? With the motto of “bringing good design to as many people as possible,” this Minneapolis-based home retailer will help you achieve the minimalist glow you’re going for.
Brit + Co Pick:Modu-licious Dresser ($999)
6. Semihandmade: Designer Sarah Sherman Samuel and her hubby are big fans of this company. The idea is simple: Provide quality, custom finishes to your existing IKEA products. “The genius part is that at IKEA you can buy the cabinets without the doors and drawer faces, so then by getting those at SemiHandmade, you end up with beautifully crafted and high-quality doors and drawers. It’s like the ultimate IKEA hack,” says Sherman Samuel in an interview with Remodelista.
Brit + Co Pick:Besta Door ($79)
7. Kvell: When a brand’s main mission is to offer inexpensive, multi-purpose items, you’ll find us knocking on their door. Just take Kvell’s best-selling velvet ottoman, designed with Pantone, that doubles as extra seating and storage. Or their durable Kaptain chair that can seamlessly be used in the kitchen or around the home.
Brit + Co Pick:Boto Tall Ottoman Storage ($100)
8. Otherland: Calling all candle-lovers! This vibrant label has enticing seasonal scents to choose from — like Champagne, mint, and old fashioned — all packed into one v. appealing jar. Place them around your dorm, work cube, or wherever you chill for extra festive flavor.
Brit + Co Pick:Chandelier Candle ($36)
9. Dims: Welcome to the party, pretty new houseware brand! From entertaining (hello, minimalist bar cart) to lounging (catch-all coffee table, anyone?), you can really kick it back with Dims. One scroll through their simplistic and sustainable Nordic, Shaker, and Japanese designs, and you’ll be won over.
Brit + Co Pick:Barbican Trolley ($350)
10. Hem: This brand is already becoming a cult favorite. Their specialty? How to rock that “less is more” approach. If you’re in the market for something that both looks striking *and* will be around for the long haul, count your stars that something from here ends up in your shopping cart.
Brit + Co Pick:Kumo Modular 2-Seater Sofa ($2,899)
Which brands are you shopping rn? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.