11 Buy-or-DIY Ways to Bring Spring Plaid into Your Home
As Miranda Priestley once said, “Florals, for spring? Groundbreaking.” And it’s not that we don’t love flower prints, because we really, really do. (Really.) But sometimes you want to bring something just a little more graphic and unexpected into your home. That’s where spring plaids come in. And it’s easier than ever to embrace the check this season: You’ll find it on royalty and in stores, and you can always do it yourself with a few simple DIYs. So ch- ch- ch- check it out and get inspired to find you own perfect plaid.
1. Anthropologie Hilde Plaid Dinner Plate ($24): Fresh citrus and leafy greens were meant to be served on beautiful blue shades. Pair these plates with a matching mug to really drive the pattern home.
2. Wallaby Walls Pink and Purple Plaid Removable Wallpaper ($48): Looking for something a little more dramatic? Try doing over a statement wall using this punchy (but removable) wallpaper.
3. Modcloth Feast Expected Pot Holder Set ($15): Yellow and black are a vibrant combination for tea towels, so use this funny feline set to bring some color and cheer to your kitchen.
4. Draper James Hello Beautiful Trinket Dish ($35): Heart-shaped anything gets our vote, and this little pop of pretty is perfect for shelfie styling, not to mention an oh-so-welcome motivational message every time you steal a glance.
5. Horchow Beaded Blue Plaid Placemat ($74): This beaded work of art is in just–right shades for summer, but the versatile placemat will be a winner all year ’round thanks to its luxe design and understated style.
6. Bauhaus Plaid Napkins: While these are definitely a more modern kind of madras, they’re also bold, modern, and completely cool, i.e., the perfect addition to your linens set. (via The House That Lars Built)
7. Painted Plaid Chargers: So what if these are displayed with pumpkins? Their saturated shades mean they’re perfect for floral brunches and sunset dinners on your patio. (via PMQ for Two)
8. Target Threshold Plaid Ottoman ($60): An ottoman this cute, at this price, is almost too good to be true — almost. Grab two and add some fun flair to your living room.
9. Painted Gingham Table: Give your picnic table an overhaul with this seasonal design. These are the only ants we want to see anywhere near our picnic. (via Damask Love)
10. Mod Podge Plaid Recipe Box: Haven’t found anything with the array of colors you’re looking for? Make it yourself! This preppy plaid recipe box is just tissue paper and glue — but we won’t tell anyhow how hard you didn’t work on it. (via Handmade Charlotte)
11. Wayfair Pickering Hand Woven Wool Black/Ivory Area Rug ($30): A big buffalo check will look on-point at any time during the year, and it goes with almost every kind of design.
Want more home trends to try? Follow us on Pinterest for more scoop!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.