11 Crazy Cool House Plants Trending in 2016
No space is complete without a gorgeous, colorful house plant. And while we’ve all seen the rise of succulents and the fiddle leaf fig in recent years, there are even cooler plants out there that offer a bit of a twist on your usual greenery. The stylish botanicals below are light years away from your mom’s fake ivy plant from the ’90s and way more cutting edge than your trusty old jade plant. Get ready to spruce up your indoor garden look in preparation for spring with one of these trending plants below.
1. Leafy Ferns: Forget about your standard maidenhair fern! This year, opt for something a bit more island-inspired with larger leaves, like a bird’s nest fern or dracaena corn plant. (via Apartment Therapy)
3. Colorful Cacti: For a simple potted plant refresh, add in an assortment of colorful cacti, like the ruby ball cactus. It creates a fun and dynamic look, especially when clustered together in an oversized planter. (via Craftaholics Anonymous)
4. Snake Plant: The snake plant has seen a rise in popularity in recent years, and this beauty is not going anywhere soon. It’s a great plant for small spaces because the vertical leaves don’t take up much space to the side. (via Sarah Sherman Samuel)
6. Colorful Air Plants: We’re seeing a lot of colorful air plants recently for an update on this trend. It’s the perfect way to add some color to your hanging plant display or wall garden. (via Air Plant Design Studio)
8. Eucalyptus Plant: This fragrant plant makes a great choice for a small bathroom or bedroom; the soothing aroma helps cleanse the air and clear your breathing. Plus, those round leaves and thin stems will bring plenty of texture and style to a room. (via Sarah Sherman Samuel)
Loving these house plant ideas? Find more decor inspiration and follow us on Pinterest!