13 Celebrity-Inspired Ways to Rock Red Makeup
We’re not here to play favorites, but when it comes to our makeup, there’s no color we love more than red. We’ll swipe it on our lids, brush it on our cheeks and paint it on our lips for an easy way to up our beauty game. Whether it’s our cult-favorite shades or a DIY creation, the possibilities for creating a bold, standout look are endless. We’ve scoured the web for celebrities rocking everything from blood red pouts to rose-colored eyeshadow. Scroll on for 13 of the best red-carpet looks featuring our favorite shades of red.
1. Solange Knowles: We’re definitely taking style notes from this red carpet look from Solange. Go bold with a crimson pout, big brows and even bigger hair. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
2. Behati Prinsloo: Pair a wine-colored lip with a subtle highlight on the cheek like Behati for a warm, toned-down look. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
3. Dakota Johnson: We love how edgy Dakota’s raspberry pout looks when it’s paired with a smudged smokey eye. Lucky for us, it’s super easy to recreate. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
4. Viola Davis: Viola’s deep red lipstick is the perfect shade to complement her gorgeous skin tone and glimmering dress. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
5. Elle Fanning: No one pulls off the ethereal look quite like Elle does. With her barely-there rose-colored lip and matching eyeshadow and flower band, it looks like she jumped straight out of a fairytale. (via Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty)
6. Zoe Kravitz: Another way to rock a matching lid and lip? With a swipe of bold, blood red shadow on your lower eyelid and a just-bitten pout, Zoe’s look is super sultry. (via Larry Busacca/Getty)
7. Emma Stone: Let your red lips be the center of attention like Emma by keeping your makeup and hairstyle minimal. (via Ethan Miller/Getty)
8. Lady Gaga: Fanned-out lashes and a cherry red pout give Lady Gaga a glamorous edge. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
9. Lupita Nyong’o: Take a page from Lupita’s beauty book and go with a glossy red lip instead of matte for a look that’s fun and fresh. (via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
10. Hedi Klum: Hedi is the epitome of Hollywood glamour with her retro waves and classic red lip. (via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
11. Rita Ora: A thick cat eye and matte crimson lip are an instant sexy complement to Rita’s platinum blonde pixie. (via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
12. Scarlett Johansson: Scarlett’s iridescent wine-colored lips are a perfect match to her stunning gown, creating a bombshell, monochromatic look. (via Ian Gavan/Getty)
13. Margot Robbie: Try a fiery shade of red like Margot’s orange-red pout to make your beauty look standout from the rest. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
Have any favorite celeb-inspired red makeup looks that didn’t make our list? Let us know in the comments who we missed!