13 Celebrity-Inspired Ways to Rock Red Makeup
We’re not here to play favorites, but when it comes to our makeup, there’s no color we love more than red. We’ll swipe it on our lids, brush it on our cheeks and paint it on our lips for an easy way to up our beauty game. Whether it’s our cult-favorite shades or a DIY creation, the possibilities for creating a bold, standout look are endless. We’ve scoured the web for celebrities rocking everything from blood red pouts to rose-colored eyeshadow. Scroll on for 13 of the best red-carpet looks featuring our favorite shades of red.
1. Solange Knowles: We’re definitely taking style notes from this red carpet look from Solange. Go bold with a crimson pout, big brows and even bigger hair. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
2. Behati Prinsloo: Pair a wine-colored lip with a subtle highlight on the cheek like Behati for a warm, toned-down look. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
3. Dakota Johnson: We love how edgy Dakota’s raspberry pout looks when it’s paired with a smudged smokey eye. Lucky for us, it’s super easy to recreate. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
4. Viola Davis: Viola’s deep red lipstick is the perfect shade to complement her gorgeous skin tone and glimmering dress. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
5. Elle Fanning: No one pulls off the ethereal look quite like Elle does. With her barely-there rose-colored lip and matching eyeshadow and flower band, it looks like she jumped straight out of a fairytale. (via Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty)
6. Zoe Kravitz: Another way to rock a matching lid and lip? With a swipe of bold, blood red shadow on your lower eyelid and a just-bitten pout, Zoe’s look is super sultry. (via Larry Busacca/Getty)
7. Emma Stone: Let your red lips be the center of attention like Emma by keeping your makeup and hairstyle minimal. (via Ethan Miller/Getty)
8. Lady Gaga: Fanned-out lashes and a cherry red pout give Lady Gaga a glamorous edge. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
9. Lupita Nyong’o: Take a page from Lupita’s beauty book and go with a glossy red lip instead of matte for a look that’s fun and fresh. (via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
10. Hedi Klum: Hedi is the epitome of Hollywood glamour with her retro waves and classic red lip. (via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
11. Rita Ora: A thick cat eye and matte crimson lip are an instant sexy complement to Rita’s platinum blonde pixie. (via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
12. Scarlett Johansson: Scarlett’s iridescent wine-colored lips are a perfect match to her stunning gown, creating a bombshell, monochromatic look. (via Ian Gavan/Getty)
13. Margot Robbie: Try a fiery shade of red like Margot’s orange-red pout to make your beauty look standout from the rest. (via Jason Merritt/Getty )
Have any favorite celeb-inspired red makeup looks that didn’t make our list? Let us know in the comments who we missed!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)