13 Water-Based Makeup Products to Try Now
Effortlessly glowing makeup — it’s something that everyone wants, but sometimes can be hard to achieve. One secret to getting the look? Try using water-based makeup products. They’re great, not only because they don’t add excess oil to your skin, but they also leave your face of makeup looking natural and fresh. Take a trip to your closest beauty store and try out these 13 water-based makeup products to get the glow.
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29): On the hunt for a full-coverage concealer that looks super natural on the skin? NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer will be your new go-to.
3. Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush ($44): Springtime is rolling around, and you know what that means? It’s time for a new bright pink blush, of course.
4. Laura Mercier Radiance Bronze Primer ($34): Using a primer is a must for super long days. But if you don’t want to achieve a matte finish, opt for Laura Mercier’s Radiance Bronze Primer for that subtle dewy look.
5. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner ($16): Step aside, black pencil liner. This water-based blue glitter liner is here to steal the show.
8. Cover Girl Clean Makeup ($7): Splurging on a high-end foundation isn’t always necessary. If you have sensitive skin and are in need of a light foundation, try out Cover Girl’s Clean Makeup.
10. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water ($32): This is one of those products that you swear makeup artists just made up, but once you try it, you’ll absolutely swear by it. Not only is this primer water-based, but it’s also silicone-free, alcohol-free and oil-free.
11. MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation ($27): This medium-coverage foundation is totally buildable and leaves your skin looking ultra natural. Top off with a natural bronzer and a light blush to add a natural flush.
12. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer ($6): Moisturizing is always important, whether you have dry or oily skin. Use a lightweight water-based moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
13. Urban Decay Bondage Makeup Adhesive ($14): Finally, you can’t forget about that not-so-sticky adhesive for false eyelashes. This sticky stuff gets the job done and is a must for special occasions.
What’s your favorite water-based product? Share in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)