Try Your Coffee like This and You’ll Have the Best Day Ever
There is nothing better than starting the day with a fresh, bold cup of joe. With each sip, it will smooth away yesterday’s troubles and deliver a wave of excitement for the new day. It’s not only crazy delicious, but seriously addictive too. While coffee on its own is perfect in every which way, it’s even more mind-blowing when poured over a cold single scoop of vanilla ice cream. This delicious caffeinated treat is known as an affogato. The word literally means “drowned” in Italian, and we are drowning in our own drool. Although this is meant for dessert, we say screw the rules! Start the day off with this delectable treat. Sorry mom, but we are having dessert for breakfast.
— ground coffee (for 2 cups)
— 1 tablespoon of chocolate (dark or semi-sweet)
— vanilla ice cream (1 scoop for each cup)
1. Make around two cups of coffee in your coffee pot (or ideally, make espresso).
2. When the coffee is done and semi-cooled, measure out the chocolate and place in a small bowl.
3. Pour a little bit of the coffee into the bowl, and mix the chocolate and coffee together until dissolved. Then pour the mixture into the coffee pot.
4. Scoop a small amount of vanilla ice cream into a cup.
5. Pour hot coffee over the single scoop of vanilla ice cream.
6. Add bits of chocolate for a crunchy finish.
Make around two cups of coffee in your coffee pot. Espresso is the best option, but regular or decaf coffee works too.
When the coffee is finally done and semi-cooled, measure out the chocolate, place it in a small bowl and pour a little bit of the coffee into the bowl.
Mix the chocolate and the coffee together until dissolved. Don’t feel bad about dipping your finger in there to taste it :) Then, pour the mixture back into the coffee pot and give it a swirl.
Scoop a small amount of vanilla ice cream into a cup.
Pour the hot coffee over the single scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Add bits of chocolate for a crunchy finish.
Ice cream and coffee should always go together. SO GOOD!
What are some other unique ways you enjoy your morning coffee? Let us know in the comments below!