22 Pairs of Chunky Heels We Want STAT
Heels are a closet staple for a reason. From joggers to jeans and everything in between, almost any outfit can be instantly transformed with a good pair of heels. So what’s not to love? Well, sometimes those skinny stiletto stems just aren’t practical or comfortable. And if you’re pounding the city streets every day, your kicks can take a major beating, which can be bad news for both your feet and your wallet. Enter the chunky heel, your new best friend. Embraced on the Fall/Winter ’14 and Spring/Summer ’15 runways by top designers (Lanvin, Saint Laurent and Prada to name a few), these block heels will give you the boost you want. Check out 22 of our favorites to get inspired!
1. Seychelles Prominent Heels ($130): The block heel and soft fabric ankle strap on these sophisticated shoes mean your feet won’t just look great, they’ll feel great too.
3. BC Footwear Penthouse Heels ($70): Get ready to unleash your wild side and liven your day-to-day uniform with these bold black + white pumps.
4. Zara Shiny Leopard High Heeled Booties ($100): These Zara Chelsea boots combine shiny leopard print material, on-trend block heels and a pointy-toe silhouette for one killer pair of shoes that won’t break the bank. We love them with everything from a short sweater dress to dark denim.
5. Bettye Muller Whisper Suede Pump With Fur Pouf ($89): With a playful pouf and a sleek suede upper, these chunky kitten heels are proof that you can be comfortable without compromising on style.
6. MIISTA Debora Navy Autumn Garden ($315): Not for the shy or subtle, these fierce steppers — with their jagged lucite heels and abstract garden print — command attention. Trust that they’re well worth the investment.
7. Jeffrey Campbell Radwell Cutout Leather Oxford ($180): These modern cutout oxfords are stacked, literally. Because why have a boring wood heel when you can layer it with totally trendy, on-point lucite? Wear them with an oversized button-down, structured blazer and slim-fit trousers for a menswear-inspired look.
8. Opening Ceremony Jindo Ankle Strap Sandals ($161): If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to wear more color, then you need to get your hands on these sassy neon sandals, stat.
9. Topshop Lemony Chunky Platform Sandals ($85): These chunky patent platform sandals have major staying power — as in you won’t have to worry about toppling over in these bad boys. Wear them straight up or with ankle socks and a shirt dress for an edgy, hipster-chic getup.
10. H&M Pumps ($60): You clearly need these cool modern pumps in your rotation. They’re an amazing alternative to classic black, and we love them with everything from baggy boyfriend jeans to a flirty fit-and-flare dress.
11. Kate Spade Mercury Heels ($328): A bit of a splurge, we know. But these textured gold block heels will bring out your inner disco goddess. The low, thick heel offers plenty of support so you’ll still be able to shake it long after last call.
12. New Look Blue Holographic Ankle Strap Block Heels ($29): A vibrant blue holographic hue and a block heel give this classic minimalist shoe a fresh, modern style that we just can’t get enough of.
13. Vagabond Dioon Canvas T-Strap Heel ($110): These platform t-strap heels are a little bit sweet and a little bit rugged. Their thick-treaded sole means you’ll be able to hold it together when dealing with slippery sidewalks, but the light-colored canvas will carry you straight through spring.
14. Seychelles Make a Scene Winter Floral Heels ($95): If the fashion-forward block heels on these pretty pumps don’t grab your attention, the bright, bold print sure will. They’re perfect for adding a pop of color to your winter wardrobe or finishing off your favorite spring ensemble.
15. Finders Keepers Hitched Booties ($205): Between the luxe blue hue, pebbled leather, and chunky heel, you’ll never want to take off these ultra-chic booties.
16. Enzo Angiolini Jyssika Pointy Toe Pump ($99): Every woman should own a pair of red-hot heels, and we’re particularly partial to the contemporary chunky heel on these fiery, pointed-toe pumps.
17. Michael Kors Nadja Cross Strap Color Block Sandal ($150): These party-perfect pumps with their color-blocked leather and extra-thick heel will take you from work to happy hour, no wardrobe change necessary.
18. ASOS Razz Chelsea Ankle Boots ($105): These chunky blush booties are the perfect addition to any cozy winter outfit.
19. Pollini Zig Zag Heel Pumps ($255): Zig-zag-patterned block heels give these sweet Mary Janes an unexpected, edgy vibe.
20. Jeffrey Campbell Melina Cutout Boot ($155): Cutouts and a big block heel take this black leather boot to the next level. Rock ’em with a high-waisted midi skirt or black skinny jeans and a fitted blazer to upgrade your office look.
21. River Island Gray Block Heel Ankle Boots ($80): It’s a fact: Block heels and booties are a match made in sartorial heaven, and these gray suede stompers are no exception.
22. Free People Cora Wrap Heel ($168): Wrap it up! Ballerina meets fashionista in this pair of distressed leather heels.
Ready to rock some block heels? Tell us which pair is your favorite in the comments!