30 Ideas for a Book-Inspired Wedding
At the end of the fairytale, the princess always gets her happily ever after. Now it’s your turn. Pay tribute to all the poems, stories and tales that helped you dream up your Prince Charming with these 30 ideas for a literary-themed wedding. From setting up shop in a lofty library to incorporating a few pages of a book into your flowers, there are plenty of ways to book it on your big day.
1. Dewey Decimal Dinner: Here’s one of several good things about having your wedding in an actual library. You don’t need to add much to make your wedding reception picture perfect. (via Style Me Pretty)
3. Manor Mayhem: This sweet couple said “I do” at a historic manor in upstate New York that had fallen into neglect and was only recently restored as an event venue. Obviously a place like this has one badass library they took advantage of. (via Sweet Little Photographs)
6. Literary Bouquet ($110): Here’s a bouquet you’re not going to want to toss. For an extra romantic touch, this arrangement happens to be made out of Jane Austen books. Mr. Darcy here we come.
8. Library Card Save-the-Dates ($3): A clever take on the old-school paper slips. This is much more romantic than the plastic cards we use nowadays.
11. Alice in Wonderland: Into theming your wedding around a book? There’s hardly one that’s more fun than Alice in Wonderland. Think top hats galore, “drink me” tags left and right and maybe even a little flamingo croquet. (via Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride)
12. Typewriter Cufflinks ($41): Slip these on your groom and his groomsmen for a subtle but creative touch. You can even get them with the letters of your initials.
17. Alice in Wonderland Confetti ($5): Hopefully this paper confetti thrown from an Alice in Wonderland bag adds a little magic to your future.
21. Bookmarked Babes: Give guests a taste of all the bookish goodness to come with an engagement shoot that wows… or save the goods for your wedding day and send this out as your holiday card. (via Brandon Werth Photography)
25. California Nuptials: The “literary” theme resonates subtly in this wedding held at the Henry Miller Library in Big Sur, California. It still has a literary element, but with forest and summer camp undertones. (via Ruffled)
27. Flying Books: Make your day even more magical by stringing books from the ceiling. Make sure to tape the pages open though or all the books will fall closed, because, you know… gravity. (via Axioo)
28. Storybook Table Runner: Head to a used book store, snag a a couple books and rip out a whole bunch of pages. Then all you have to do is arrange and glue them together and voila! Also, let’s just talk about how easy this will make clean-up. (via Style Me Pretty)
29. Take the Indoors Outdoors: Here’s a book arch for those of you looking for something a little subtler (and stabler). Simply position two book shelves in front of an existing arch for an easy literary touch. (via Jessica Claire)
Are you a bookish bride? Which of these ideas is your favorite? Let us know in the comments