13 Plant #Shelfies That Take Indoor Gardens to New Heights
The house plant obsession is still going strong — and we’re definitely not complaining! Indoor gardens have proven time and time again that they’re both functional (AKA a boost for your mental and physical health) and fashionable decor must-haves. The latest craze in the jungalow world? Plant shelfies that take your greenery to new heights, literally. Keep scrolling for 13 fab ways to get your #shelfie game on.
1. Kitchen Window: Make dish duty something you *actually* look forward to by setting up a windowsill display stocked with sweet seedlings. (via Oakland Furniture)
2. Call in the Cacti: If overflowing ferns aren’t your thing, opt for a wall of cacti in funky planters. It’s a low-maintenance option that’ll work MUCH better with your busy summer schedule. (via What Olivia Did)
3. Dresser Display: Place your bbs on the dresser in soft, woven planters. It’s an easy (and stylish) way to show off your prettiest possessions. (via Pinkvilla)
4. Step It Up: Take your shelfie to a whole new level — or should we say levels — by staggering bold-colored planters on a set of stairs. If a contraption like this isn’t available, use temporary props, like pillars or stacked accessories, to do the trick. (via French by Design Blog)
5. Book Shelfie: Repurpose an old bookshelf so you can have an excuse to invest in more plant life to fill it up. It’s a win-win situation, for sure. (via The Jungalow)
6. Desert Chic: There’s something *so* glam about tons of cacti corralled together, especially when chic, minimalist planters are involved. (via Home & Decor)
7. Taking Shape: Go for a unique take on traditional shelving with a triangular option. (via Mette Monstercircus)
8. Office Jungalow: Just when you thought that WFH life couldn’t get any better, this entire plant wall shelfie came along and made your desk job much more fun. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Above the Kitchen Counter: Unlike cooks, you can never have too many plants in the kitchen. Use sleek ledges to keep herbs stored safely out of the way, but handy for cooking. (via Crate & Barrel)
11. Climb the Ladder: When one layer just won’t do, add in a few more rungs for a ladder-style shelf that gives every shrub a chance to shine. (via Just Imagine)
12. Covered Console: Get ready to welcome guests to your very own jungle oasis with a plant-filled hallway console. (via Urban Outfitters)
13. Drama Overflow: A cascading plant brings major drama to a simple setup. Just be sure to keep the accent trimmed before it makes its way to the floor. (via Home & Decor)
Would you add a plant #shelfie to your home this summer? Tell us @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)