10 International Buys from Amazon That Fool People into Thinking You Travel
While we all dream of jet-setting off to exotic destinations, the reality is that most of us can’t just jump on a plane anytime we want. But with Amazon, world travelers and wannabe globe-trotters can have products from across the globe shipped straight to their front door. From beauty products from around the world to handwoven textile blankets from Mexico and matcha candy from Japan, check out the international items we’re stocking up on this month to fool our friends into thinking we picked these babies up along our many travels.
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo, Strength and Shine ($7): You may have seen the cheeky commercials for this dry shampoo on the tube — err TV. This hair refresher — an import from across the pond — is a must-have of cool girls in the UK. Grab this item if you want to impress your beauty-loving friends.
2. Plant Guru African Black Soap ($12): If you haven’t heard of African Black Soap, your life is about to change forever. Made in Ghana, this natural cure-all is used to treat everything from dry skin and acne to scars and eczema.
3. Tonymoly Cats Wink Pact, No.1 Clear Skin ($8): This K-beauty essential controls sebum and keeps skin clear for a flawless complexion. Plus, it has a delightful white blossom fragrance that will transport you to a perfectly manicured garden.
4. Wayuu Mochila 100% Authentic Colombian Hand Woven Shoulder Bag ($88): Oh, this old thing? Handcrafted in Colombia, this bright knit satchel does triple duty as an everyday gym and travel bag, making it the perfect accessory when you want to convince the world you’ve been there and done that.
5. Vegemite ($6): While you may think more yuck than yum, this Australian staple is super popular down under. Stock up and snack like a local. Apparently it’s good on toast?
6. Japanese Matcha Green Tea Kit Kat ($4): If you’ve ever visited Tokyo, you’ve seen the countless Kit Kat varieties that fill the grocery store shelves, from strawberry cheesecake to wasabi. But perhaps the most popular and beloved is matcha green tea… and it’s available on Amazon.
7. Ceramiche D’Arte Parrini Italian Ceramic Christmas Ornament ($65): Bella! This hand-painted ornament is a worldly way to adorn your holiday tree. Plus, it would make a perfect gift.
8. Cicabiafine Daily Hydrating Body Balm ($25): You don’t have to be a Parisian native or jet-setter to score coveted French pharmacy products. Case in point: this intensely hydrating body lotion, enriched with hyaluronic acid (a favorite of French style icon and model Inès de la Fressange).
9. Del Mex Mexican Serape Blanket ($34): Add flair to your decor with this authentic and colorful blanket. The best part? Each piece is handmade in Mexico and is one-of-a-kind. You’re so cultured.
10. Lucas’ Papaw Ointment ($15): This skin salve is a must-have for Australian beauty enthusiasts from Sydney to the Gold Coast. Everyone who tries this is obsessed, so do yourself a favor and stock up.
What are you fave global goodies? Follow us on Pinterest for more international buys.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)