Purchasing your first real rug is like a rite of passage (adult status!). Maybe you’ve graduated from that chevron rug you bought at Ikea freshman year of college, or it’s time to upgrade the worn-out Oriental your grandma gave you. Either way, these modern picks make every penny worth it when it comes to investing in a chic rug for your space.
1. Painted Desert Rug (from $182): With shades of pink and pops of yellow, this Southwestern-inspired gem will elevate the look of any space.
3. Catalina Rug (price unavailable): A modern geometric rug is a timeless option, plus the array of colors featured makes it easy to match with your existing color scheme.
4. Sivas Wool Kilim Rug (from $139): A sunset-inspired palette gives this rug a chic look — just look at those adorable tassels on each corner!
5. Riad Wool Rug (from $199): Multicolored fringe adds a playful vibe to this pick; it’s all in the details when it comes to stylish rugs worth investing in.
6. Margaret Blue Area Rug ($201): An abstract marbleized design will bring an air of sophistication to your look, whether it’s a pop of color in a neutral bedroom or a trendy piece to spice up your living space.
8. Camel Nixon Flat Weave Rug ($795): For a sophisticated choice, look no further than this geometric Jonathan Adler number in camel and white. The versatile color combo means it’s easy to decorate with, however the white background makes it best for a low-traffic area, like a bedroom or office.
9. Kendall Stripe Rug (from $166): Black and white cabana stripes always make a statement, and this bold pick is no exception. Go for a sleek black and white look or pair it with colorful decor for a whimsical feel.
10. Jaque Rug Sorbet (from $182): A multicolored, modern design like this makes an ideal choice for the living room. Pair it with any type of seating arrangement, from a mid-century turquoise settee to a streamlined gray sofa.
11. Pebbled Pond Rug (from $128): Create a global-inspired feel with this chic rug option from Anthro. Its rich tones, from moody indigo to saturated gold-yellow, will lend a distinct elegance to your space.
12. Desert Flatweave (price unavailable): Flatweave rugs offer plenty of options when it comes to styling. This colorful pick would look great along a hallway or layered atop another flatweave for a boho vibe.
13. Printed Boucherouite Rug (from $49): Another flatweave pick, this rug features a cool, minimal design. Dress up a small corner in the kitchen or even the closet for a dose of unexpected style.
14. Silk Ikat Rug (from $128): This luxurious silk flatweave definitely kicks things up a notch. The irresistible indigo and white palette feels super chic, while a black tassel fringe adds the finishing touch.
What’s your favorite rug pick? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!