10 Kid-Friendly Tableware Sets to Make Mealtime More Fun
That super-chic dinner set you only take out when your parents or in-laws show up isn’t exactly fit for kid cuisine. But that doesn’t mean you have to go in the total opposite direction: There’s a happy medium between fab adult table settings and plastic schlock covered in leaping lambs and duckies wearing sailor hats. As you swap out some of your grown-up dishes for something much more child-friendly, check out these pint-sized picks.
1. Biobu by Ekobo Bambino Kid’s Feeding Set ($23): This minimalist dish set is modern, sleek, and pretty chic. And it’s totally durable too. It’s not microwavable, but you can use it for hot or cold foods and clean it in the dishwasher. This set is also BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free.
2. Sugarbooger Outerspace Divided Suction Plate ($17): If cutesy-cutesy cups and plates aren’t for you (or your little one), this pick has a kid-friendly design that’s completely cool. It’s perfect for picky eaters who don’t want their food to touch, and features convenient suction cups on the bottom to keep the plate in place.
3. Fred & Friends Dinner Winner Kids’ Dinner Tray ($20): Your finicky kid is staging a dinnertime revolution? This adorable tray is a fun way to make eating enjoyable. Not only does it divide up the food (so the applesauce won’t touch the toast), but it turns meals into a cute little game.
4. French Bull Ocean Kids Plate Set ($24 for four): They’re bright, bold, and awesomely adorable. These melamine plates are scratch- and shatter-resistant and BPA-free.
5. Innobaby Din Din Smart Divided Platter ($20): Stop those shatters with this super-durable stainless steel design. It’s kid-friendly without being sappy sweet — and, bonus, it comes with a matching lid just in case you need to take the meal on the road (it’s a bus, after all!) or want to store leftovers.
6. Doiy Landscape Melamine Kids Dinner Set ($40): Playing with their food? Nope. Playing with this puzzle-piece dishware set? Now you’re talking! Your tot can remove the pieces, replacing them when they’re done eating — in the right spaces. If your kiddo isn’t into the whole outdoor setting thing, Doiy also makes princess castle and space-themed sets.
7. IKEA Mata Dinnerware Set ($3): Your baby will enjoy using this froggy green meal set. It comes complete with a bib, bowl, cup, and spoon. The sturdy rigid bib has an adjustable neck and will catch the stream of spills that happen during breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
8. Bobo&Boo Bamboo Children’s Dinnerware Set ($20): These toddler dishes, which are made from bamboo and are BPA-free and non-toxic, can complete your kiddo’s dinnerware collection. With a variety of soft, muted colors, these dishes are contemporary and classic at the same time.
9. EcoBamboo Ware Kids Dinnerware Set ($19): Not only does this dinnerware set have an adorable monkey theme, but it’s also made from 100 percent biodegradable bamboo. The divided plate is another perfect pick for picky eaters who are totally against one food touching another.
10. French Bull Princess Children’s Dinner Plate Set ($38 for four): Forget about those overdone princesses with this sweet dish set. Yeah, yeah, we know that your kiddo can’t stop chattering about Elsa and Anna. But these princesses are less picture-perfect and more creatively cute.
What do you use to set the family table? Tweet us your recs @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Bobo&Boo)