Food isn’t the enemy. The way your kiddo eats, it may seem like it, but it isn’t something to fight over. We’ve been there — the struggles, the snubbing, the pure hatred of anything that might possibly be healthy. The good news is you can totally help your child to get through her picky phase. There are plenty of places to get help — blogs, books, and even good ol’ Instagram. Check out these awesome IG accounts to help inspire some solutions for picky-eating ideas galore!
1. theplatedzoo: Just when your tot thought food was boring, theplatedzoo gives us platypuses (platypi?) made from fruit. If your child turns her nose up at the veggies you put in front of her, try one of these darling, delicious designs.
2. mamamakesfood: YEAH she does! Megan, the mama behind this Insta, shares healthy meals that are entirely approachable. Think baked wild salmon with coconut aminos; roasted purple cabbage with turmeric, cauliflower, and steamed sugar snap peas; and an apple and grape salad that looks totally kid-friendly.
3. my_kids_lick_the_bowl: This feed is run by one creative, recipe-creating mama. These popcorn chicken tenders are a fab foodie find perfect for if you’re not exactly into the store-bought, ready-made, frozen version. In other words, you’re looking at real food for real kids.
4. vegan_mum_of_boys: Whether your family is full-time vegan or you’re just trying it out with your child, this ‘grammer has plenty of plant-based ideas. If you don’t think that pasta in a tofu ragu is something a picky eater would ever touch, take a look at how this mum prepares it!
5. myfussyeater: Not only does Ciara, the creator of My Fussy Eater, provide some mouth-watering pics, but she also includes picky eating tips as well. And if you’re looking for alternative ideas, she’s got ’em: Instead of fast food chicken nuggets, your fussy eater can try her veggie version.
6. cleanlittleplates: Melanie is a mom and a pretty rad recipe creator. Her little plates are clean in every sense; they’re made from healthy food and your kid is sure to lick the plate clean! We’re partial to the veggie cracker stackers and sweet and savory roll-up sandwiches. Yum.
7. healthylittlefoodies: Healthy food for little hands. This mom from down under packs a punch with fun, healthy foods such as carrot and parsnip fritters and noodle baskets. Mmm.
What’s your picky eating trick? Share your tip and tweet us @BritandCo!