16 Trendy Gifts Your Kids Didn’t Know They Wanted
Whether you’re shopping for a distant cousin’s stepson, your own kids, or a kid-themed white elephant party, buying gifts for the little ones in our lives can be rough. Skip the lines at the malls with this list of gifts that are all orderable online, and get ready for some holiday cheer for all ages.
1. Radio Flyer Peanut Electric Ride-On Elephant with Sounds ($130): Avoid the germ-infested animal rides outside of the grocery store by getting your little one this automated toy elephant for riding at home.
2. Snurk Living Astronaut Duvet Set ($129): This cool duvet set is bound to inspire your tot to reach for the stars.
3. Moonlite Special Edition Disney Gift Pack Storybook Projector ($40): Give them the satisfaction of watching a Disney tale come to life with this storybook projector from Moonlite. They can pick the story and you can read off your phone while they doze off watching the slides on the wall.
4. Creation Crate Electronics 1.0 Gift Bundle ($100+): Give the gift of learning how to program and build electronics. With 12 different projects, Creation Crate offers progressive lessons for kids aged eight and up.
5. Kano Harry Potter Coding Kit ($100): Build a wand that responds to your movements with this coding kit that pairs with an immersive app full of step-by-step creative challenges and games. Your kiddo will love putting the pieces together and diving into the world of Harry Potter while picking up coding skills.
6. Hatchimals Mystery Characters ($54): Even adults can have undeniable fun with Hatchimals. These massive eggs will only hatch after being cuddled and cared for, and the hatching ceremony (we won’t spoil it for you) involves lights, sounds, and a dramatic entrance for a toy.
7. Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium ($15): With the increase of trendiness in terrariums in recent years, it’s time your little one gets one of their own so they can stop messing with the expensive ones hanging in the window.
8. Wild Republic SIng & Play Happy Penguin Plush Toy ($30): Think Happy Feet but cuddlier — this singing penguin will be the soundtrack to your new year (don’t worry, he has an adorable voice).
9. L.O.L Surprise! Bigger Surprise ($89): L.O.L Surprise! is all the rage among young girls right now. While we don’t really know what it does, we do know it’s pink, sparkly, and keeps our kids entertained for hours.
10. Poopsie Slime Surprise Unicorn ($75): This is a dream come true for any unicorn lover: it’s a unicorn toy that POOPS RAINBOWS (slime). You can reload it as many times and even get different unicorns so they can poop together.
11. National Geographic Mega Fossil Mine ($30): Let the mini archaeologist in your life get their hands a little dirty with this fossil kit.
12. Magical Microbes DoughLab STEM Kit: Bake Learn ($25): A fun, science-fueled way to get in the kitchen together, bake bread, and learn all about the way yeast works its magic.
13. 4M Crystal Growing Experiment ($18): The best part of the holidays is the hours of sleep you get to catch up on while kids play with their new toys. This will be the gift that keeps on giving, as it takes a while for crystals to grow. They’ll definitely stare at it for hours on end watching new formations come about.
14. Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends TrackMaster Hyper Glow Station ($60): This is no ordinary train set — it has glow-in-the-dark track pieces and a Hyper Glow Thomas train that leaves a glowing trail behind him.
15. Toca Boca Toca Kitchen Sushi ($4 on iOS or Android): This kids app (for kids 6-9) will allow kids to “play” with their food. They can pretend to be a chef and make imaginative sushi using all different types of ingredients and shapes, then see how customers react when tasting the creations.
16. AeroGarden Herbie Kid’s Garden with Pizza Party Activity Kit ($54): This is a cool gift for you and for them. They can plant and maintain the indoor herb garden, and you can use the fresh basil in a yummy stir-fry.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)