Morning Buzz! Kylie Jenner’s Post-Breakup Snapchat Convo With Khloe Kardashian Is SO Heartwarming + More
Happy Friday morning! From a sweet sisterly pep talk to a HUGE Spice Girls teaser, here are six news items you need to know this morning!
1. THIS. Is. Everything. If you hadn’t heard, Kylie Jenner broke up with longtime boyfriend Tyga this week, and is crashing at her mom Kris Jenner’s house for a while to mend her heartbreak. “Any of you OGs remember my old bedroom?” she asked in an Instagram video. “I think I’ll be staying here for a few days.” Sister Khloe was just a few minutes away at her own home, and decided to keep her little sister company on Snapchat, with the two of them getting kind of existential — and it got deep! “In three words, Kylie, who is Kylie Jenner?” Khloe asked. “The real Kylie Jenner is sensitive, weird and I love really hard. Can you tell me who you think I am?” What Khloe said is gonna make you misty: “Kylie Jenner is so incredibly smart, deeply, deeply loving and incredibly generous. I have a lot more words that you are Kylie, but I do want to say hysterical as well.” Kylie admitted that she was gonna cry too. Awww.
2. Audrina Patridge did a fan Q&A for The Hills’ 10-year anniversary! It’s hard to believe that The Hills first aired more than 10 years ago (!!!), and if you’re anything like us, your interest in the lives of the young women on the show is still strong (um, for instance, we’ve been obsessed with Audrina’s maternity style, and you’ve PROBABLY noticed that we’re big fans of Lauren Conrad, who is Brit + Co’s guest editor for the month of May!). To celebrate, Audrina took questions from her Twitter followers and turned it into a post for her blog, answering questions about just how scripted the show really was, and, naturally, what the REAL deal with Justin Bobby was. All you Hills-heads can read the full thing here.
3. Are the Spice Girls making new music together? We’ve already been waiting for the official word on the Spice Girls reunion tour, and now it looks like we have some new music to get excited about as well! Three of the Girls — Mel B., Emma and Geri — spent the past two days at London’s Play Deep Studios, according to the Mirror. Mel B. shared an Instagram of the three of them with the caption, “And I say oohhhh LALA,” which really could be from or mean anything, but we’re going to go ahead and say it’s a teaser for a new song! SPICE WORLD FOREVER.
4. Meghan Trainor suffered the most epic fall on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. During her performance of her new single “Me Too,” the singer went down when she tried to turn on her giant heels. Luckily, it happened at the VERY end of her song (which she slayed, we might add), and rather than getting right back up, Meghan very hilariously stayed lying down. Then she spread out and got comfy while Jimmy joined her on the ground.
View this post on Instagram
Ain't Your Mama 💋 #Jlo #jenniferlopez #aintyourmama #idol #americanidol #dance #choreography #gay #instagay #gayguy #jlovers #work #cardio #goodlife #sweat #mama #allihave #pieceofme #passion @jlo #formation #britneyspears #jlodancers #inspiration #muscle #scruff @leahremini #laundry #cooking #dragrace #drag #rupaul
A post shared by Troy Miller (@tr0ym) on
5. This man dancing to J Lo is breaking the internet. Troy Miller, from Halifax, Nova Scotia, is ALWAYS busting a move to his favorite pop songs, and his routine for Jennifer Lopez’s “Ain’t Your Mama” blew up this week. And why not? He looks AMAZING. Happy Friday!
6. Quote of the day: Hayden Panettiere announced her immediate plans following the announcement of Nashville’s cancellations.
Good luck and good for you, Hayden!
Do you have any big weekend plans? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Robin Marchant/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)