See What Karl Lagerfeld, Monique Lhuillier + More Designed for Lady Gaga’s Wedding Dress
If there’s one thing we know to be true about Lady Gaga it’s that she’s not afraid to go bold in the fashion department. From that infamous meat dress to her Met Gala ensemble, her outfits are about as unpredictable as a Game of Thrones episode. So naturally, after she announced she was engaged (and after we got over the size of her massive ring) we immediately began to envision what she might wear on her wedding day. A gown with a train as long as the aisle? Maybe. A wig that also acts as a veil? We can picture it. But now thanks to WWD we no longer have to close our eyes to imagine the wild outfit Gaga will say “I do” in. The publication has teamed up with 34 designers to create sketches of what they think Gaga will sport on her big day. They envisioned everything from a veil made entirely of flowers to a sparkling, minimal gown. Scroll on down to prepare yourself for what’s sure to be the bridal ensemble of the decade.
1. Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel: Mr. Lagerfeld adds a whole bunch of French flair to Gaga, making her look like a modern version of Marie Antionette.
2. Mara Hoffman: Snow White, is that you? We’re loving this idea, but it might be a lot of weight to drag down the aisle. Then again, Gaga is no stranger to rocking a painful garment in the name of fashion.
3. Monique Lhuillier: Famous bridal designer, Monique Lhuillier incorporates some Gaga dramatics while still keeping her ensemble relatively classic.
Diane von Furstenberg
Picking up on that see-through dress trend we’ve been spotting all over the red carpet, DVF’s vision is sparkly, low-cut and totally transparent.
5. Carol Lim and Humberto Leon for Opening Ceremony: We’re guessing she’s going to go for something with a little more volume for her walk down the aisle, but we could totally see this as her reception dress.
6. Charles Youssef: We can’t say we’d be surprised to see Gaga in this outfit even if it would make that first kiss as husband and wife a little difficult.
7. Sonia Rykiel: Considering Gaga is rumored to be having a summer wedding, a fur cape may not be coolest option, but it sure does look awesome.
8. H&M: If Gaga wears H&M, you can officially consider our minds blown.
Now, this is something we can absolutely see the pop singer wearing on her wedding day.
10. Calvin Klien: We also kind of love the idea of setting all those theatrics aside and opting for a super minimal look like this sleek Calvin Klein number.