10 DIY Classes That Are the Perfect Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts
Headline really speaking to you? Totally procrastinated on your V-Day gift for your boo, bestie, sister or mom? Maybe you want to take your gift to the next level? We’ve all been there. Trust us when we say that gifting an online class will give you major brownie points. Brit + Co online classes range from Art + Design and Needle + Thread all the way to Business + Tech. Once you’ve downloaded one of our classes, it’s yours forever and can be accessed at any time. You can watch at your own pace and download supporting content. Soon enough you’ll have new skills in calligraphy, Adobe Illustrator, embroidery and more!
So How Do You Gift an Online Class?
- Browse the online class library and pick one (or two!) your recipient will love.
- From each class page, click on “Send as Gift” to add to your cart.
- In the Cart page, make sure “This Order Is a Gift” is checked.
- Choose how you want to gift the class: via email or printed as a PDF.
- Fill out your recipient’s information and make sure to add a gift message.
- Checkout and get ready to give the best gift ever! :)
Can’t decide with online class to give? Here are a few of our faves below.
1. Intro to DSLR Photography Online Class ($39): Learn how to finally use your DSLR camera. Taught by Jenna Kutcher, you’ll master the art of using various camera settings, shooting in different lighting scenarios and setting up an on-location photo shoot.
2. Modern Scrapbooking Online Class ($29): Learn how to plan and decorate pages to create a beautiful mini scrapbook. Taught by Amy Tan, the class shows you how to print off scrapbook-worthy Instagram photos, use your creativity to lay out fun page designs and construct a “year in review” mini photo booklet.
3. Kickstart Your Business With Crowdfunding Online Class ($39): Learn how to get your product idea funded through Kickstarter. Taught by Lisa Fetterman, inventor of Nomiku, the class will show you how to define your goals, calculate the amount you need to raise and help you build a network and timeline for success.
4. Calligraphy 101 Online Class ($29): Learn basic calligraphy techniques from Lauren Essl of Blue Eye Brown Eye. In this class, you’ll discover how to form numbers and upper and lower case letters. You’ll walk away with six hand-lettered greeting cards of your own.
5. How To Crush It on Instagram Online Class ($29): Learn tips and tricks for styling mobile photography and best practices for building your brand on Instagram. Taught by Irene Kim Shepherd, the class will have you mastering photo styling, editing your photos on various apps and engaging your Instagram community.
6. Intro to Adobe Illustrator Online Class ($39): Learn how to create adorable birthday invitations from start to finish in Adobe Illustrator. Alexi Politis will model how to arrange and customize your Adobe Illustrator workspace, use various tools and modes and prep your invitations for printing.
7. Brush Calligraphy Online Class ($29): Master how to use watercolor and brush strokes to letter the full alphabet and numbers. In the Jessica Marie Clinch online class, you’ll learn how to work with a paintbrush and watercolor paints, apply brush stroking skills and create a layout to letter your favorite quotes.
8. Embroidery Online Class ($19): Learn all the tips, tricks and techniques you need to create simple, whimsical embroidered sayings and designs. Taught by Kristin Gula, this class will have you drawing and transferring designs onto fabric, mastering simple hand stitches and techniques and tying off threads to finish the back of your project.
9. HTML + CSS Coding Online Class ($39): Learn the basics of coding and web page design in just under an hour. Taught by coding guru Allison House, you’ll learn how to build a beautifully-designed one-page website in both HTML and CSS. Once you know the basic building blocks of the Web, it’ll empower you to be creative with how you present yourself online.
10. Watercolor Painting Online Class ($19): Learn color theory, mixing and shading, then go off to create your own custom watercolor masterpiece. Taught by Jenna Rainey, this class will help you become a pro at building a custom color palette, using various brush strokes to make different shapes and painting and shading stems, leaves and petals.
Tell us who and why you’re gifting an online class to for Valentine’s Day this year. Tweet at us and tag @BritandCo.