19 Lazy Girl-Approved Styles for a Snowed-in Weekend
Maybe the polar vortex is hitting your area this weekend. Or maybe you’re just too lazy to leave the comfort of your sheets (#guilty). To ensure you’re clad in your Saturday-through-Sunday stay-at-home best, we’ve uncovered 19 double-tap-worthy weekend essentials (think: luxe silk camis, cozy sweatshirts and lazy girl sweater dresses galore) that would do any self-proclaimed homebody proud. So kick back, relax and reach for those shearling-lined slipper socks that call to mind an après-ski mentality.
2. ILY Pizza Sweatshirt ($62): Because Netflix binge-watching is synonymous with indulging in lots of carbs, this pizza sweatshirt isn’t even up for debate.
3. Wildfox Offline Tennis Club Pants ($98): Just so we’re clear, offline means OFFLINE. AKA, no emails, no texts and absolutely no Snapchatting (no exceptions). Going hand-in-hand with a well-timed social media break, these off-duty drawstring pants will be in good company for a PG-rated Netflix and chill hangout sesh.
5. Free People Orian So Soft Slipper Sock ($16): Missed your chance to snatch up a pair of these luxuriously soft slipper socks for your next stay-cation? BIG mistake. From one nap queen to another, trust us when we say your toesies will thank you.
6. Sleepy Jones Carson Lace Bralette ($48): Nah, girl. Skip the ill-fitting shapewear for this racy lace bralette that’s here to bring you nothing but endless comfort and ease. It’s safe to say that you’ll never want to take this delicate underthing off. Whether you’re chilling in your pjs or nestled on the sofa in your favorite Aran knit sweater, you won’t be disappointed.
7. Topshop Slinky Rib Loungewear Cami and Jogger ($120): Can you say comfiest. Loungewear. EVER? This slinky ribbed knit set in classic nude won’t cramp your style one bit. Toss on a longline cardigan and some thin trouser socks for the ultimate sleepyhead uniform.
8. Madewell Lace-Up Hoodie Sweater ($128): Lounging for days looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this — give or take a midday siesta. We’re not kidding when we say you’re never, ever, ever going to want to take this bad boy off. Between the super soft waffle-stitch material, the lace-up front and the hood, you won’t know what’s come over you. Pair with your favorite denim and slip-on sneaks for a leisurely look.
9. Birkenstock Shearling Boston Clog ($165): Some things never change — take, for instance, your love affair with classic Birks. Between a spontaneous trip to the mountains and a rom-com movie night with the ladies, these shearling-lined clogs with extra cushy soles won’t steer you wrong.
10. Saturday/Sunday Achiever Jumpsuit ($128): You overachiever, you. The fact you were able to successfully get dressed in “real clothes” on your day off (read: not sweats, joggers or a Juicy tracksuit) is as much of an accomplishment as any. This lavender rayon jumpsuit with a tie-waist is the definition of luxury. We dare you to disagree.
11. Farrow Henri Blazer in Navy ($96): Let’s hear it for pajama-style dressing on your days off (although, we’re advocates of rocking sleepwear to the boardroom too). Introducing the navy satin blazer that will be on repeat with frayed hem jeans and backless mules. A messy top knot will be non-negotiable for a flawless look.
12. Mango Patches Knitted Sweater ($70): When you sleep in until “half past twelve” (oops!), your sense of time is bound to get a little murky. But seriously — is it beer o’clock yet? Since comfort is key when it comes to bummin’ it from a.m. to p.m., snuggling up to this navy and cream-hued color-block sweater should be a no-brainer.
14. YSTR Elsie Bodysuit ($118): A ceaselessly chic jersey bodysuit that can be styled a million and one ways? Count us in, please. Equal parts sultry and refined, this striped one-piece wonder will never fail to disappoint you. Team it with high-waisted mom jeans or slip it on alongside a boyfriend cardigan and OTK socks for a crazy GNI (girls’ night in).
15. Deletta Ruffled Rugby Pullover ($68): Cue the nautical vibes with this rugby pullover that’s *almost* too cute for a snoozefest. (But seriously, who are you trying so hard to impress around here?) The playful ruffle will lend itself well to a pair of rolled-up white boyfriend jeans, some navy Keds sneakers and a baseball cap for a considerably preppy look.
19. Out from Under Mia Maxi Hoodie Sweatshirt ($69): Oh em gee — hooded maxi sweatshirt dresses DO exist for your lounging pleasure. Whereas a snuggie reads straight-up lazy, this fleece zip-up maxi with kangaroo pockets will be way more in line with your athleisure sensibilities. When you’re not curled up on the couch, take it to the streets with a baseball cap, high-performance leggings and Adidas Superstars.