12 Leek Recipes You Need in Your Life RN
You’ve seen leeks at your favorite farmers’ markets, right? They’re the long stalks with a serious green ombre effect. They look interesting, but how in the world do you use them? Well, think of them as an upgraded alternative to onions. After all, the white and light green parts have an onion-like taste with a mild flavor that can be used in almost anything, whether that’s a hearty soup or even a vegetable galette. Whatever you decide, we’ve rounded up 12 plate-licking leek recipes that will make you pick up a couple of stalks.
1. Creamy Mushroom and Leek Chicken Breasts: Anytime you smother chicken in sauce, you can count us in. To make our plates even better, we’ll take all of the mushrooms and leeks, please. (via Foodie Crush)
3. Creamy Leek and Pancetta Pappardelle: You would think that crispy pancetta and creamy pasta would be all that you need for a perfect date night dinner. Wrong. The caramelized leeks adds an elevated flavor that regular onions just can’t give. (via A Beautiful Plate)
4. Vegan Mushroom, Leek, and Sweet Potato Tart: Cuddle up with a good movie, this sweet and savory tart, and a tall glass of wine. This super creamy vegan pie is sure to warm your heart and home on those cool nights. (via My Vibrant Kitchen)
5. Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup: Don’t you just love meals that you can prep and kind of forget about? This decadent potato leek soup is just what you’re looking for, with homemade croutons and cheese. (via Just a Little Bit of Bacon)
6. Spinach, Leek, and Salami Quiche: This recipe is *so* creamy, the filling is almost coming out of the photo. The salami adds a bit of saltiness while the leeks and spinach balance out the meal. (via Urban Cookery)
7. Roasted Leek and Asparagus Salad: By now you know that we love color; the more the better. But, we are so here for this easy green salad that is low-carb, gluten-free, Paleo, and all-around healthy. (via Simply So Healthy)
8. Skillet Chicken With Mushrooms, White Wine, Bacon, and Leeks: Leeks fried in bacon grease. Need we say more? In case we do, this creamy meal is made in just one pan. (via Rachel Cooks)
9. Leek and Mushroom Rice: Everybody needs a delicious rice dish every once in a while. This simple and savory side dish adds flavor and texture to any meal, leaving your family completely satisfied. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
10. Corn and Leek Fritters With Herbed Yogurt: Charred corn and sautéed leeks make best friends in these portable fritters. The herbed yogurt pulls it all together for a fresh take with mint, cilantro, and lime. (via Shiny Happy Bright)
12. Leek Soup With Gruyere Toasts: Think of this recipe as another version of the French onion soup. It comes together in just 20 minutes and you still get that oversized buttery and cheesy piece of toast on top. (via Pinch and Swirl)
Follow us on Pinterest for more dinner recipes!