15 Vegetarian Tacos *Perfect* for Meatless Monday
Even if you’re a major meat lover, it’s nice to set aside Mondays to fill your body with plant-based meals. It’s a great way to set yourself up for a week of healthy eating and give yourself *tons* of energy. Tacos can be a regular part of your meal regimen, thanks in part to the Taco Cleanse Diet, but not many taco recipes rely solely on fruits and veggies. With lots of other meatless Monday recipes out there, perhaps vegetarian tacos weren’t even on your radar… until now. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on meat, you’re in luck, because we have 15 veggie tacos that are perfect for your meatless Monday or taco Tuesday.
1. Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos: Black beans and butternut squash go together like peas and carrots, so it only makes sense for them to star in their own taco. Throw in some sautéed spinach for extra vitamins and top with chipotle-lime crema for that added zing. (via Coffee and Crayons)
2. Vegetarian Chipotle Mushroom, Leek and Kale Tacos on Cauliflower Tortillas: If you want to go all out and make your own tortillas, try using cauliflower as the base. Fill with meaty chipotle-spiced mushrooms that even the pickiest of eaters will love. (via Shared Appetite)
3. Crispy Cauliflower Tacos: Cauliflower is pretty much taking over the world, and we’re not mad about it. In these tacos, it’s used as a crispy baked alternative to fried chicken or fish. Seriously, you may prefer it from here on out – it’s that good. (via Destination Delish)
4. Crunch AF (As Fried) Tacos: Besides the totally relatable title of these tacos, they’re a great way to try tofu if you’re skeptical. The not-so-secret ingredient to making them crunchy af? Cornflakes. (via Radiant Rachels)
5. Skillet Eggplant “Rib” BBQ Mushroom Tacos: Hearty slices of barbecued eggplant are a great alternative to pork. Once you top your tacos with jalapeños, pepitas and red cabbage, there’s so much flavor going on that no one will notice they’re meat-free. (via Craving Nature)
6. Fried Avocado Tacos With Strawberry and Rhubarb Salsa: Stop mashing all of your avocado on toast and listen up. You will never think of avocados the same after coating them in breadcrumbs and frying them, especially once you put them in a taco and top with sweet and tangy fruit salsa. These tacos will *blow* your mind. (via Cravings in Amsterdam)
7. Curry-Glazed Carrot Tofu Tacos: These unique Indian-inspired tacos are chock full of interesting spice and texture. Serve on blistered whole-wheat tortillas for an added smokey and nutty flavor. (via Holy Cow Vegan Recipes)
8. Jackfruit Tacos With Rice: If you’re unfamiliar with jackfruit, it has a unique texture that’s very similar to a pulled meat, AKA perfect for vegetarian tacos. The jackfruit absorbs all of the flavor from the sauce, so there’s no need for a lot of competing ingredients. Simply top with pickled onions and cilantro and nosh away. (via Thyme and Love)
9. Mighty Migas Breakfast Tacos: You know you could eat tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so why not? Enjoy these vegan tacos Monday morning for a healthy, filling start to your day. These are also great if you’ve been wanting to dabble in vegan cooking but aren’t sure where to start. (via Blissful Basil)
10. Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Tacos: Tacos don’t have to be a Mexican-only meal. You can customize them with any flavors you like, including Moroccan spice blends like cardamom, cumin and paprika. Simply roast the sweet potatoes and chickpeas in the spice mixture and pile on warm tortillas. (via Crestview Kitchen)
11. Moroccan Potato and Lentil Tacos With Harissa: If you’re not already on the Harissa train, you need to be. The hot chili paste is common in North African and Middle Eastern cooking and can be used similarly to Sriracha. Top your tacos with cool goat cheese to cut the heat. (via Warm Vanilla Sugar)
12. Fancy Mushroom and Smashed Avocado Tacos: A mix of three different mushrooms brings an earthy depth to the filling of these tacos. If you’re serving them to your kiddos, you can add an extra tortilla on top to make them a quesadilla and really hide those ‘shrooms. (via Whole Food Bellies)
13. Roasted Portobello Tacos: To add a sweet-and-spicy element to these stick-to-your-ribs tacos, make a fresh corn salsa loaded with cilantro and jalapeños. Your favorite taco truck will miss you once you start making these. (via Gimme Some Oven)
14. Slow Cooker Refried Bean Tacos: You’ll never buy canned refried beans after making this two-ingredient batch in your slow cooker. They’re super healthy, and they basically cook themselves while you’re out taking a Latin dance class. Complete your tacos with shredded lettuce, tomato and avocado for an authentic Mexican feel. (via Real Food Whole Life)
15. Smashed Chipotle Chickpea Tacos With Carrot Slaw and Avocado Crema: It may seem like a lot of work to make a crema, slaw and chipotle chickpeas all for one set of tacos, but the three different elements work together to create varying textures and flavors that you have to try to appreciate. (via Gotham Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.