Room by room, we’re finding a ton of home decor #goals that’ll inspire you to spruce up your own home. Sure, Pinterest is one of the best rabbit holes to fall down when you’re looking for home decor inspiration, but don’t forget about Instagram’s own brand of home decor inspo. There’s just something about that Insta post that feels more IRL — check out these rooms where you’ll spend time with the whole #squad. The chicest living rooms are coming in 3… 2… 1…
1. Window Space: Gigantic windows do wonders for brightening up a room. They bring in tons of natural light and can visually create an inviting atmosphere. To play up your own windows, feel free to skip on window treatments if your yard provides the privacy you need, and opt instead for a color scheme that complements or blends in with the natural views outside. Staring at your neighbors across the way? Grab a few bamboo shades that you can roll up to let light in, but still roll down for cozy coverage at night.
2. Cozy Accents: If a room’s cozy factor is important to you, opt for textured furnishings or decor. Ultra soft faux fur throws and plush fuzzy carpets like those featured here should do the trick. Keep the colors light and bright, with neutral tones.
3. Color on Color: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and patterns. Blend different colors or patterns, like a multicolored chevron pillow with a geometric area rug. The mix-and-match possibilities are endless and the eclectic look will give off serious boho chic vibes.
4. Pops of Color: Pair muted tones with pops of color for a more subdued but playful living room look. It’s like mixing “business” with a hint of “party.” Keep the walls white or neutral, to avoid overwhelming the eye.
5. Small Spaces: Aside from tons of windows, a small space can *largely* benefit from mirrors and a light aesthetic. Opt for bright white walls and perhaps an oversized mirror to perceptibly expand your living space. You can’t go wrong with a lucite coffee table to keep the room from feeling cluttered.
6. Flowers + Plants: Don’t underestimate the power of well-placed plants and flowers when it comes to livening up your home. Bring the outdoors in with green potted or hanging plants.
7. Flight of Fancy: Chandeliers aren’t just reserved for your grandparents’ house or bougie mansion. Take advantage of the fancy detail and mesh old school elegance with contemporary furnishings, like in this vintage + modern living room.
8. Old + New: This alternative blend of vintage and modern is also #goals. Who would have thought to pair a lucite table with a mid-century-inspired sofa? Balance out the two decor styles for a unique look of your own.
9. Bright + Bold: Master the creative aesthetic without appearing cluttered. This Etsy shop owner’s gorgeous space uses a gallery wall and bright textiles to ground the space. To get the look, stick to clean white walls and neutral accessories to counterbalance your colorful decor.
10. Black + White: Keep a fairly monochrome color palette dynamic with patterns + small pops of color. Add some dimension with a giant mirror and metallic accents, like copper, for a warm finishing touch.
11. Modern: The simplest equation for a modern space has got to be metallic accents + white walls + pops of color. Keep that in mind when upgrading your living room and watch for fabulous results!
12. Patterns: Create a cohesive space by playing matchmaker with your living room accessories. Whether it’s an underlying color palette or pattern, solidarity in your decor style adds a certain element of refinement to your finished look.
Looking for even more decor favorites? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor inspo!