Look Like Lupita: 23 Bold Dresses Inspired By Hollywood’s New It Girl
Lupita Nyong’o is amazing. When the ridiculously talented 12 Years a Slave actress isn’t stealing scenes, she’s stealing everyone’s attention on the red carpet. While new to Hollywood, she is already considered a budding fashion icon (not to mention her Oscar nomination!). Take a cue from the fashionista and check out these 23 bold and beautiful Lupita-inspired dresses. And, yes, we had to update this list for the Best Dressed List-topping Prada gown that turned heads on the red carpet/our couches Sunday night.
1. Bebe Open Back Dress ($98): Lupita called it Nairobi blue, the experts are saying duck egg blue and our best match is Aruba blue, but a blue by any other name is still the most gorgeous gown to grace the Oscars red carpet this year. Well done, Lupita!
2. Nasty Gal Cape Dress ($68): Who would have thought that a cape on a dress could look this good? While we love the shade of red that Lupita chose, this distinctive dress still looks awesome in white.
4. Eliza J Pleated Chiffon Maxi ($158): We like everything about this dress, from the vibrant shade to that spectacular shiny belt.
5. Topshop Asymmetrical Hem Dress ($92): This beautiful emerald dress must have been what Dorothy was really searching for.
6. Marc Jacobs Printed Dress ($321): Bright floral prints are always a great addition to your spring wardrobe. The high neck and elbow-length sleeves give this dress an extra vintage (and extra awesome) feel to it.
8. Coast Rozelda Jumpsuit ($152): Lupita’s love of jumpsuits only makes us love her more. This one is on the fancier end of the spectrum and would be a great outfit for a formal party.
9. Nasty Gal Milan Cutout Dress ($58): Beautiful bright yellow and triangular cutouts? Yes, please!
10. Ali Ro Tiered Party Dress ($90): Lupita rocks the schoolgirl look like no other. With this dress, you can too.
11. Daily Look Sliced Bodice Dress ($50): This dress is so great because of the uncommon sliced design. Seriously, have you ever seen anything like it?
12. Topshop Knitted Jumper ($72): Okay, so we may be cheating with this one. While this may be a jumper, the bright chartreuse color is to die for.
13. Donna Morgan Floral Print Dress ($138): The simple vintage feel of this dress makes it suitable for so many springtime occasions. It has a super unique neckline at the back too. (You’re curious now, aren’t you?)
14. Mango Beaded Neckline Chiffon Dress ($50): Lupita really has a knack for picking some of our favorite colors! While this dress may not have that super cool floral accent, the beaded neckline adds a fancy touch.
15. A Wear Floral Pleated Dress ($41): This dress may have a simple shape to it, but the unusual floral print makes it stand out.
16. ASOS Bright Floral Skater ($53): It’s like Lupita’s, but with a plunging neckline!
17. BCBG Cutout Cocktail Dress ($124): We guess cutouts really aren’t going anywhere! The color and flowing style of this one’ll have you feeling like a beautiful Greek goddess.
19. JS Boutique Sequin Lace Dress ($188): More sequins! This one is super classy and perfect for work parties.
20. Lipsy Tuxedo Dress ($72): Hey, girls can wear tuxes too.
21. Mango Quilted Dress ($80): This dress may lack that super awesome bird print, but it’s still got a super sleek effect.
22. Black Halo Cap Sleeve Cutout Dress ($131): Lupita is a pro at rocking cutouts. We really love the delicate capped sleeves of this dress.
23. Love Sam Beaded Mini ($297): This beaded mini looks like it’s straight out of the Great Gatsby. And we love it.
Which Lupita-inspired look would you want to rock this season? Tell us in the comments below!