Red Carpet Ready: 17 Glamorous DIY Hair Hacks
And the Oscar for best hair goes to…
Hairstyles from Awards Season definitely inspire the greatest looks for date night, a wedding, or any special event at all. From braided updos to loose locks, these looks are a lot easier to achieve than you may think. Ready to become a master hairstylist? Check out these 17 gorgeous hairdo tutorials that will help you channel your inner glam celebrity.
1. Romantic Waves: As depicted by the gorgeous Sofia Vergara, beautiful, romantic waves are always a favorite at any awards show. They basically work for any kind of event you may go to — casual or formal! (via Bridal Musings)
2. Braided Chignon: We are always fans of Jessica Alba’s hairstyles at any event, and this one is no exception. This elegant updo combines the French chignon with goddess-inspired braids. Best of all, it looks great with bangs or without! (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Casual French Twist: Still think sophisticated styles are too hard to do yourself? Well, you won’t believe how easy this one is. The simple French twist in this tutorial is a lot more casual than Natalie’s, which works great for everyday use. (via SMP Living)
7. Beach-esque Waves: Sandra Bullock’s loose locks are a perfect example of how you can look great in beach waves in the dead of winter. This tutorial is really quite simple. All you need is a flat iron and some elastics. (via Jada Beauty)
8. Halo Braid: Seeing as awards season falls in the middle of winter, it was a bit unexpected of Sarah Hyland to wear a summery hairstyle like this one. Yet, it worked perfectly. Halo braids, also known as milkmaid braids, are great for long-haired gals looking for a fun vibe. (via Wedding Chicks)
9. High Volume Updo: We may have been a little iffy about Julia Roberts’ shirt-dress duo at this year’s Golden Globes, but we definitely loved her hair! This updo has a ton of volume at the crown, making it great for those with slightly thinner hair on top. Think it looks too difficult? Not to worry. We’ve got an easy tutorial for you right here. (via The Small Things Blog)
10. Fishtail Top Knot: Though her character Cersei Lannister may prefer loose waves, Lena Headey definitely rocked this top knot. Try it out for yourself. It’s both a braid and a bun in one! (via The Shine Project)
12. Finger Waves: Janis, is that you?! Lizzy Caplan channeled Lady Edith with her modern version of the classic 1920s ‘do at this year’s Golden Globes. What do you think of her vintage revival? (via Refinery29)
14. Slicked (Braided) Side: We know JLaw’s long locks are currently a thing of the past, so check out this sleek hairdo she wore to the SAG Awards last year! Our favorite part of this particular tutorial is the secret braid that keeps your hair on the side. So sneaky! (via Irrelephant)
17. Twisted Bun: Last but not least, Emma Stone’s swirly and twisty bun. This pretty ‘do is extremely versatile. You can dress it up with a beautiful dress or dress it down with a cute sweater and a pair of jeans. (via Irrelephant)
Which glam ‘do is your favorite? Share it with us in the comments below!