While all of our favorite TV shows on hiatus for the summer, we’re watching more movies. And what’s better than a movie? A movie night with friends, of course! We’ve rounded up everything you need to make your film screening a success. And if you have the space, try setting up a theater in your backyard . First on our screening list? Clueless !
2. Popcorn Retro Pillow ($23): Deck out your den with this popcorn pillow. Just discourage snacking on the pillow by having plenty of popcorn around.
3. Vintage Marquee DIY : If you’re a die-hard movie-night host consider investing the time to make this vintage-inspired sign. We’d suggest giving your home theater a name and spelling it out in lights. (via Oh Happy Day )
4. Directors Clapboard iPad Sleeve ($50): Direct your movie night with ease from your iPad, and stash it in this clapboard inspired case.
6. Printable Movie Night Party Invite ($12): Grant guests entry with these personalized tickets. Make sure everyone keeps their stubs!
8. Movie Night Red Aisle Runner ($6): Roll out the red carpet for your guests as they enter your theater…er….home for their private screening.
10. Vintage Concession Supplies ($3.50 for 10): Give guests a popcorn box to fill up with their favorite mix of snacks before the movie starts. The best part? No dishes to clean up afterward!
12. Canvas Seat and Back Directors Chair ($9): Need extra seating? Stay on theme with these colorful directors chairs. We’re sold considering how affordable they are!
14. Showtime Bucket ($95): You’ll have enough kinds of candy to satisfy even the pickiest of movie-goers.
16. Movie Reel Masking Tape Set ($19): Decorate everything from your invites to your placemats and napkins with this movie reel tape. It’s those little extra touches that make your night a success.
17. Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper ($23): Kick your popcorn popping up a notch with this old school stovetop popper. Nothing can beat freshly popped popcorn.
18. Personalized Pop Corn Bowl ($25): See your name in lights on this jumbo popcorn bowl. It’s perfect for family movie night.
20. Hollywood Slate Board ($12): As the director of this movie night you need your own slate board. That way you can call “Cut!” on any party fouls—like talking during the film.
22. Star Peel-N-Place Decorations ($3.50 each): Add these stars up your front walk and write guests’ names on them in gold paint pen. Just make sure everyone’s on paparazzi watch!
23. Movie Songs CD ($5): While guests are arriving, play this disc on shuffle and see how many songs people can name. Give prizes at the end of the night!
24. Theater Size Candy Concessions (from $12): Order your favorite movie night snacks in bulk from this site.
What are your movie-night must-haves? Let us know in the comments!