There are some places to rest your head, like crazy luxury hotels and super luxe ski lodges, that are so lovely and extravagant, they seem unreal. While we’re usually looking for the best deals (hello, Best Western Lite Brite hotel), we’re also delighted by an afternoon spent lusting after swanky five-star resorts. TripAdvisor’s recently released list of the top-rated luxury hotels of 2016 makes for some envy-worthy viewing, so we’ll leave you with a few of our favorites to drool over.
1. Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives: We can’t believe such perfection actually exists. Set in a large lagoon in the island nation in the Indian Ocean, all of these gorgeous “rustic” villas are on stilts over some of the clearest, bluest water we’ve ever seen. We can’t decide if we want to jump on the bed or into the water first. (Photo via Gili Lankanfushi)
2. The Oberoi Vanyavilas, India: The Oberoi in India is synonymous with luxury, but this location is REALLY something to behold. The chance to see royal Bengal tigers and sip champagne next to a lily pond at sunset? Yes, please. (Photo via Oberoi Hotels)
3. The Privilege Floor, Cambodia: Between the close proximity to Angkor Wat and the excellent and attentive staff, we’re putting this aptly named destination on our list. The soothing and tasteful design, featuring metallic and green details, makes this hotel a win. (Photo via Privilege Floor)
4. Viceroy Bali, Indonesia: As it’s located in one of the most popular tropical vacation destinations, we already know there are going to be breathtaking views from this high-end resort. The Viceroy captures the natural beauty of Bali and adds to it with luxurious poolside escapes and plush bedrooms. (Photo via Viceroy Bali)
5. The Upper House, China: The only way to describe this destination is modern to the max. They don’t waste time with frills, but their minimalist approach is still resplendent. Since Hong Kong is on our bucket list, we’ll keep this one in mind — if only to wander through the lobby. (Photo via Upper House)
6. Rosewood Mayakoba, Mexico: Private lagoon or beachside access? The options at this Riviera Maya hotel will make it difficult to make a decision, but you can’t go wrong. Spacious rooms, private pools and plush bathrobes remind us that Mexico is way too close not to visit. (Photo via Rosewood Hotels)
7. Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius: The tiny island of Mauritius (east of Madagascar) is the definition of paradise. The water is picture-perfect and makes us want to order room-service mojitos to our private bungalow. Girls can dream, right? (Photo via Constance Hotels)
8. Hotel 41, UK: Red lipstick is a must when you stay at this smartly designed hotel. From the classic English touches to the rave reviews about the quality of service, its luxury level is without contestation. We’re assuming tea time and visits with the Queen are probably added perks, since this hotel is right across the street from Buckingham Palace. (Photo via 41 Hotel)
9. Lindos Blu, Greece: As long as the water is in view, any stay on a Greek island would feel like an indulgence, but this modern hotel surpasses our idea of luxury. From elegant rooms to an infinity pool just begging for us to jump in, this hotel has us dreaming about a Mediterranean escape. (Photo via Lindos Blu)
10. Le Bristol, France: Between the wine and the art, it was already a little hard for other cities to compete with Paris. And then we learned about the stunning 90-year-old Le Bristol hotel. Elegant and chic, with floral touches and powder blue accents, it’s simply everything a French hotel should be. (Photo via Le Bristol)
11. Four Seasons Resort, Bora Bora: Being set on one of the most beautiful islands in the world may give this Bora Bora resort an unfair advantage, but who cares, it’s still amazing. Bungalows over turquoise water and an outdoor holistic healing center help it earn its spot on this list. (Photo via Four Seasons)
Which one of these luxury hotels makes you dream of your next vacation? We’d love to know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.