Make Laundry Day a Little More Fun
Let's face it. Laundry day can be kind of a snoozefest. Though romantic comedies would have you believe that laundromats are hotbeds of opportunity for flirting and canoodling, the reality is far from romantic. If you've got a washer and dryer at home, things are definitely easier, but no matter what laundry is a chore that lacks any level of pizzazz.
We're not saying that this roundup of 12 gadgets and accessories will make laundry an exciting weekend adventure, but at least it'll be more colorful, efficient, and even a little bit fun.
1. Tree Clothesline: Truth be told, this super design-y tree shaped clothesline is what inspired today's post. Unlike most drying racks that you want to hide as soon as you're done using, this one could be easily incorporated into your decor. Head to the website to find out where you can buy near you.
2. The Laundry Pod ($99): Yes, we've written about this gadget before, but it's so ridiculously convenient that we had to mention it again! It's a totally portable washing machine that washes about six garments at once. Perfect for city dwellers and camping fanatics, and would be an awesome in-hotel amenity.
3. Laundry Art: Nothing like a little laundry-themed art to make the process of washing, drying and folding a little more interesting. This set of wall decals ($35 on Etsy) is available in black, chocolate brown, light brown, white, dark blue, plum, maize and olive and measures to about 23 inches by 45 inches.
4. Ruffle Laundry Bag ($39): Your bag of dirty laundry never looked so chic! We love this ruffly little number, and don't you kind of want to turn it into a skirt? ;)
5. FlipFOLD Laundry Folder ($25): Want those shirts of yours as crisply folded as the ones at J. Crew? Satisfy your perfectionist sensibility with this shirt folder. And while you're at it, maybe you need the OCD Cutting Board?
6. UnHampered (In Production): Good old Quirky. Our favorite place to turn to see what gadgets and tools are being invented as we speak. This foldable laundry basket does everything a regular basket can do (aka: carries your clothes) plus it's extremely compact and includes a side mesh pocket to hold all your soaps and softeners. This should be available for sale later this year. Stay tuned!
7. Nellie's Dryer Balls & Fragrance Stick Set ($25): Nellie's is all about "modern laundry breakthroughs with retro charm." These recyclable thermal plastic dryer balls freshen and soften your clothes, and are totally reusable. This kit includes 10 recyclable fragrance sticks in lavender.
8. Gal Pal Deodorant Removers ($10): How frustrating is it when you've got all your makeup and hair done, and you finally slip on that perfect little black dress and all of a sudden, boom, deodorant marks? It's pretty much the worst. These darling sponges are specially designed to quickly and easily remove deodorant marks from clothing, without the use of cleaners or chemicals.
9. FreshCloz Garment Deodorizer ($70): Got a whole slew of dry clean only clothes but can't stand another dry cleaning bill? Or maybe you just don't have time to drop off and pick up before tomorrow's big event? FreshCloz uses revolutionary ozonic technology to remove odors such as smoke, perfume, perspiration, and kills germs up to 97%. Simply unzip both FreshCloz sippers on the included garment bag, hang 2 light articles of clothing on hangers, place one scent deodorizer pouch onto a clothes hanger, zip up the garment bag, press the on button and allow 40 minutes to 60 minutes then remove clothing and you will be amazed how fresh your clothes will be.
10. Sparrow Clothespins ($9): Cheer up those hang-to-dry garments by, drumroll please… putting a bird on it!
11. Graphic Washing Bin ($26): If a laundry bag ain't your jam, and you don't have a laundry room stowed away, use this playful bag-meets-bucket to catch all those dirty clothes.
12. The Ultimate Drying Rack: Officially called il Lenzuoliere, this multi-level drying rack is ready to take on all of your garments. Specifically designed to accommodate long, bulky linens such as sheets, tablecloths, towels, this rack can easily accommodate a full load of laundry.
How do you make weekend chores a little more fun? And how's all that spring cleaning going? Leave us a note in the comments below or say hi on Twitter.