12 Spring Manis Perfect for Squoval Nails
If there’s one trend in the mani world that’s persisted from season to season, it’s squoval-shaped nails. That curved-at-the-edges, flat-on-the-top shape is a mani lover’s dream: It’s low-maintenance, tech-friendly (try tapping out your feelings in emojis with a long, curved nail — no thanks!) and serves as a versatile canvas for out-there designs or a bright pop of color. This season, the squoval is the go-to-shape the nail art-obsessed are using to show off the latest trends, like geometrics, bold hues and negative space nails. Want some fresh ideas for your digits? Scroll through these 12 squoval manis to get some hot-right-now seasonal nail inspo, then get to painting pronto!
1. Pattern Play: A variety of mod mani designs turns nail patterns into gallery-worthy art. Keep in mind that when mixing designs, the patterns should be cohesive, with similar colors, proportions and/or themes. (via @nail_unistella)
2. Get Striped: We love a good stripe, especially these horizontal, Missoni-inspired ones that incorporate another trend — negative space. Swap in your favorite springy color palette for a totally customizable look. (via @aliciatnails)
3. Neon Nail Art: Neon’s always gonna get you noticed, but going full-on can be a little much. This easy-to-copy triangle trick is a cool way to dip your toes (err, fingers) into the trend. (via Popsugar)
4. Go Halfsies: This mani is like the nail version of cafe au lait. The blend of white and beige keeps it neutral without being boring, and really highlights the squoval shape. (via Ishine365)
5. Nailed It Spring Mani: Can’t decide on just one color? Try a negative space mani like this (perf because the straight bare line mirrors the squoval flat tip shape) to give two complementary colors a whirl. (via The Beauty Department)
6. Color Block: We love an offbeat color combo, and this one makes an impact without being overwhelming. The geometric lines show off a squoval shape nicely. (via nail-icious)
7. Barely There: Here, the nude nail gets a sleek update with a pink pop of color. This mani would be perfect for a springy bridal shower or chic urban getaway. (via @aliciatnails)
8. Not-So Basic: Black nail polish can certainly pack a punch, but when you incorporate negative space, white accents and cool chevron shapes, you’ve got a totally rad design that’s sure to get noticed. (via Pouted)
9. Pink Champagne for Gatsby: Polka dots are even more fun and flirty with this sophisticated rose gold and pale pink combo. Shoutout to all the preppy girls who will be rocking this mani on the daily this summer. (via So Nailicious)
10. Flower Power: If you’re up to the task of free-handing these beautiful blooms, know this: A shorter squoval nail is a prime canvas to flaunt your creation. (via @nail_unistella)
11. Make It Matte: Forget the traditional glossy polish this summer — a matte nail is where it’s at. And when painted in nude? Say hello to your new favorite neutral. (via Ishine365)
12. Dark Side of the Moon: If you’re bored of the ol’ minimalist half-moon, kick it up a notch with a dark base color and bold, multicolor stripe. It’s a super modern take on traditional summer colors. (via @aliciatnails)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun + fresh nail inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)