9 Travel Essentials Every Jetsetter Needs
These days, millennials are more likely to spend their money on travel than expensive weddings, dining out, and even saving up for that dream home. As much as we like to hit the road, it’s time we stop fussing with overstuffed bags, uncomfy shoes, spilled toiletries, and lost keys. Luckily, there’s a ton of handy, super-sleek new gear that can help facilitate the ride, so we can all enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Stop dreading the packing process, stock up on these essentials, and get ready to travel in style and comfort.
1. Away The Carry-On ($225): Luggage brand Away is preaching a whole lifestyle built around constant exploration, freedom, and the pursuit of experiences over material things. These stylish, lightweight suitcases are made with the same construction and materials of high-end luggage but without the super high-end price. Bonus: They have thoughtfully created compartments for optimal organization, and you can even charge your phone on them. Oh, and the company is run by women.
2. Cougar Women’s Samba Rain Sneaker ($55): Cougar started making snow boots for Canadians in the 1940s, so it’s fair to say the brand knows a thing or two about weather- and terrain-proof footwear. Now, they also trade in slip-ons and boat shoes made in super-cute prints. These kicks are incredibly comfy, and no matter where you trek, they’ll stay so fresh and so clean.
3. Tile Slim ($30 for one): There’s nothing worse than losing your passport when you’re traveling abroad. Tile Slim is a tiny, Bluetooth GPS finder that lets you find anything it’s attached to, like your keys, wallet, or phone. If what you’re searching for is within 100 feet, the Tile will ring, making it easy to locate. If you leave the app running while it’s not in use, it’ll tag the last place you had it, or notify you if another Tile member finds it or passes by it. You’ll still have to do some Bond-level detective work to find stolen valuables, but Tile gives you a pretty good head start.
4. Mezzi Nerina Travel Tote ($495): A good bag will see you through any kind of adventure, whether you’re at the beach, office, or gym. Mezzi’s super-roomy tote is as sleek as it is functional. It has plenty of space for your essentials, but it also comes with Bluetooth speakers, a built-in GPS tracker, and an outlet to charge your phone. What more can you ask for?
5. Topo Designs Mountain Pack ($189): Girls with an adventurous sensibility need a Topo Designs bag, made in Boulder, Colorado by travel-loving, trail-crushing designers. The pack has a sleeve for computers, plenty of room to pack clothes, gear and survival supplies, and it’s waterproof. In a pinch, it works great as a pillow too.
6. Supergoop Barre to Bar Beauty Set ($25): You can head to the travel section at Walgreens every night before a big trip or you can finally invest in a set of skincare products that are sized for carry-on bags and are really good for your skin. Supergoop’s beauty set comes with a cleanser, SPF-packed moisturizer, CC cream, and even a rosy lip and cheek stain. Bonus: It all comes in a simple but sleek zippered bag, so you never have to worry about your moisturizer seeping out and staining your fave shirt.
7. Keepgo Lifetime 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hot Spot ($119): Okay, let’s be real: As much as you want to disconnect, you’re not trying to forget your Snapchat fans. Keepgo hooks you up with data almost anywhere in the world, so you can use your phone and other devices as if you were at home. You can connect up to 10 devices at a time, and you get a whole year to use your initial 1GB of 4G LTE data. After the first year, you pay as you go.
8. Betabrand Knockout Travel Hoodie ($118): Betabrand uses crowdsourcing to create products based on fans’ suggestions and preferences, which means pretty much everything they put out is on point. This hoodie transforms into a neck pillow, plus it has a sound-dampening hood and a built-in eye mask. It still has your fave hoodie perks, like thumbholes and extra pockets, so you can travel in style and comfort.
9. Empower 2-in-1 Weighted Speed Rope ($13): Even if the hotel has a swanky gym, the chances of getting to it on vacation are slim. But sneak a tiny piece of equipment like a jump rope in your bag, and you can easily get in a 15-minute sweat session anywhere in the world. Anyone who’s been to a boxing class knows jump roping is no joke. It gets your heart rate up like crazy, and sculpts killer calves and shoulders. Snag a weighted style to bump up the intensity.
What’s in your travel arsenal? Tweet us BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)