15 Metallic Statement Pieces Non-Traditional Brides Will Love
Whether you’re just months away from tying the knot or kept things on the DL by choosing a long engagement, it’s never too early to start thinking about the small details. (Details that make ALL the difference, by the way.) While your iconic white wedding dress should obvs be the star of the show, you can never go wrong with a killer lineup of metallic gold and silver accessories guaranteed to slay like Beyoncé, like gilded hair accessories or a bejeweled capelet that will put all eyes on you. Scroll down for 15 metallic statement pieces that will have all your wedding guests ooh-ing and ahh-ing as you walk down the aisle.
1. Avigail Adam Wavy Leaf Hair Comb ($55): You have the modern mermaid wedding dress of your dreams all picked out and even have the fancy heels to match. For a sweet and feminine touch that will make you look (and feel) like a goddess, this gold hair comb with etched leaves is as lovely as it gets.
2. BHLDN Isabella Scalloped Heel ($280): Found it. For your “something blue,” look no further than these baby blue scalloped heels trimmed in gold. Complete the look with a billowy tulle gown and a vintage brooch for your “something old.”
3. BHLDN Phoenix Capelet ($425): Nothing says DDG like a capelet dripping in crystals and beads that you can toss over a strapless sweetheart neckline just like that. Add in a floral bouquet and some swoon-inducing heels for a touch of old-school glamour.
4. Catbird Diamond Kitten Mitten Yellow Gold ($390): Rest assured that dainty need not be boring. This gold hand chain with subtle sparkle will lend just the right amount of bling to your wedding day look.
5. Anthropologie Stellar Hair Set ($48): A wedding under the stars calls for a little extra dazzle and whimsy. These astronomy-inspired hair clips will straight-up stun when paired with a chic top knot or fishtail braid.
6. Twigs & Honey Gilded Bow and Beaded Belt ($180): Go ahead and put a bow on it: This classy gold belt is guaranteed to add some charm to an embroidered dress or even a non-traditional white jumpsuit.
7. J.Crew Roxie Ankle-Tie Pumps ($288): Your favorite pair of ankle-tie steppers just received a major upgrade — and with a metallic gold toe, no less. Just imagine these bad boys peeking out from beneath your high-low gown (or sequined pants).
8. From St Xavier Exclusive Silver Clutch Bag With Turquoise Ring Detail ($89): Come the reception (and the after party), you’ll need a metal clutch with rockstar appeal. The turquoise ring handle is sure to be a hit on the dance floor.
9. Forever21 Rhinestone and Bauble Ear Jackets ($4): Dare to be different by wearing this minimalist ear jacket with a cool-girl edge. When chandelier earrings are too much and simple crystal studs just aren’t cutting it, these stunners don’t mess around.
10. Kavita Bhartia Embellished Tulle Midi Skirt ($288): Make your fairytale wedding come true à la this blush pink tulle skirt embroidered with pretty sequin clusters. Team it with a cream-colored cashmere sweater and scalloped heels for a sophisticated bridal look.
11. Nasty Gal Leaf ’em Hanging Ring Set ($18): Pair these pretty leaf finger jewels with a nude mani and a flower crown for the ultimate bohemian wedding. A non-traditional dress with bell sleeves may or may not be in order.
12. Glint Linear Ridge Clutch ($58): Enter the perfect clutch, complete with a detachable chain strap, that will fit just the essentials (think: a compact mirror, your fave lipstick and some spare bobby pins) for a night of hands-free dancin’. The gold ridges make it *especially* appropriate for a black tie wedding.
13. Urban Outfitters Metal Mania Ponytail Holder ($8): From a sleek updo to a low pony, this metal hair clasp will instantly jazz up your wedding day ‘do. Opt for tousled waves for a romantic look or straight hair if you’re going for a more streamlined and modern aesthetic.
14. J.Crew Dalila Tulle Skirt ($750): Who says a billowy white gown is the be-all, end-all of wedding day getup? Do less by incorporating this metallic dot printed tulle skirt with a plain white tee for a look that reads modern-day Cinderella. Glass slippers are obligatory.
15. Jennifer Behr Delicate Laurel Leaf Bandeaux ($298): Cue the romance with this Grecian-inspired headband that can be paired with a twisted chignon or loose waves for an ethereal look. The ornate gold leaves are so pretty, you won’t even need a veil.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)