We don’t know about you, but we’re constantly on the lookout for ways to keep it fresh in the #OOTD department. Maybe it’s a pair of sleek cat-eye sunnies or perhaps it’s the designer pool slides of the moment that will have you embracing that new NEW with wide open arms. When it comes to wardrobe workhorses, you may be surprised to learn that versatile midi skirts are set for an epic comeback. Yup, those dowdy mid-calf-length skirts are about to take center stage in your late-summer, pre-fall wardrobe. Keep scrolling for 12 midis that will have you reaching street MVP status upon first wear.
1. Mara Hoffman Patchwork Midi Skirt ($295): This artsy patchwork midi skirt will be love at first twirl… just saying!
2. Staud Yilapa Skirt ($230): Miss the sartorial mark last week? Just keep swimming. We’re partial to this dreamy marine-hued chiffon skirt embroidered with three little fishies.
3. H&M Ruffled Chiffon Skirt ($70): Do the model off-duty thang with this ruffled chiffon number that looks utterly *groundbreaking* with a white Hanes t-shirt, a denim jacket, and platform creepers.
4. Scotch & Soda Sporty Knit Tube Skirt ($125): Athleisure is not dead. Kick it cool with this peekaboo slit ribbed tube skirt that’s ready to hit the courts. Team it with a white tee and a leather moto jacket for a stint downtown.
5. Topshop Tall Floral Wrap Skirt ($68): Between a picnic in the park and Sunday brunch, this flouncy midi skirt featuring an asymmetric hemline will have you cha-cha-ing into the weekend. A slogan tee may be the missing piece of the puzzle.
6. Mango Printed Midi Skirt ($60): Did someone say margarita o’clock? We know what we’ll be wearing for happy hour drinks at our favorite taco joint.
7. Nasty Gal Let It Happen Mesh Skirt ($50): “BRB, woke up in Vegas for a bachelorette weekend in Sin City.” Pair this Material Girl-style sheer mesh skirt with a Le Smoking blazer and stilettos for one helluva entrance.
8. Here/Now Denim Midi Skirt ($78): Between the tulle hem, subtle distressing, and unassuming back and front slits, this trend-right midi is ready to hit the streets — but NOT until you’ve got some pom-pom-topped sneakers in the mix.
9. Yumi Kim Trinity Skirt ($149): One last summer hurrah, people! Tackle the August heat with this playful button-front midi that will take you from the boardwalk to a backyard luau without so much as a wardrobe swap.
10. Marie Sixtine Zebra Skirt ($165): Partial to quirky prints? These zany zebras will inspire you to take a walk on the wild side this fall.
11. Reformation Valenti Skirt ($178): Reformation’s got your bases covered with a wearable linen button-front midi that you’ll actually reach for every. Single. Day. Pro tip: Leave the bottom few buttons unfastened for your next designated beach day.
12. Boden Riviera Skirt ($125): Werk it like you’re the HBIC with this flattering A-line skirt that’s ready to take corporate America by storm (minus the stuffy dress codes, natch). Just add a crisp Oxford shirt, architectural earrings, and 12-hour pumps for around-the-clock domination.
Will you be ditching the mini for a midi this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.