5 Foxy Looks for Any Fall Day
While we are all ready to unpack our boots and scarves ASAP, fall weather can be just as unpredictable as any other season. Some days may have us reminiscent of summer while others have us bracing ourselves for the winter weather to arrive. Here, we give you a “5 days in the month of October” style guide complete with about every weather scenario we could think of. Stick with the basics when mixing and matching summer, fall and, winter pieces for a versatile wardrobe — and layer on!
1. Crisp Fall Day: Get extra use out of a summer dress on a crisp fall day. Just because the temperature is dropping doesn’t mean you can’t don your fave dress! Simply pair it with opaque tights and comfy brogue flats. The dress I picked has a pattern that works year-round. For a day-to-night look, drape over a faux leather bomber and add an oversized clutch to complete the outfit!
2. Warm Fall Day: Aren’t fall days filled with sun perfect? You can still wear pieces of your new wardrobe mixed with some summer basics. I paired this oversized tank with a bold printed maxi, which also works on cooler days with a slouchy sweater and tights. The boots I’ve added to this look have a cutout heel, so they are perfect for warmer weather. Pair them with a chunky sock on colder days, and don’t forget your aviators for that autumn sunshine!
3. Fall Night Out: Grab your favorite LBD and layer it up for fall! Whether you are hitting the chic, new wine bar with your girlfriends or you are out on the town for date night, this look is perfect. I layered the dress with a cute, printed chambray blazer, sheer polka dot tights and black booties. Dangling earrings and a statement clutch add extra special touches, too.
How to rock it: Betsey Johnson Lipstick to Your Style Clutch; Dare to Dangle Earrings; Mixed Media Savvy Dress; Junior Board Blazer in Hearts; Garage Band Together Bootie in Black; Dash of Dots Tights.
4. Rainy Fall Day: Fall is the season to dress comfortably while still looking cute. Survive rainy days by investing in a good pair of boots. These sturdy Dr. Martens are just the ticket — a printed floral pattern will make you smile while you’re splashing through puddles. Layer some cozy knits over on-trend faux leather leggings to keep warm, and top the look off with an army green anorak.
5. Cold Fall Day: One of my favorite fall activities is attending football games, but sitting on those metal bleachers can be nippy. No fear, because this is the time to pull out your coziest knits and layer up! Pair your warmest cardi over your home team tee or printed top. Then, add more volume (and warmth) with a chunky knit scarf in a bright color. Grab your favorite fall boots to wear over skinny jeans for a look that will keep you active while you’re rooting for a win, and stow some fall treats in an adorable backpack for a picnic on the go.
What are you go-to fall fashion essentials? Talk to us in the comments below.