11 Watercolor Instagram Accounts You Should Follow Right Now
Thinking about picking up a paintbrush this summer? There’s no better time than now to learn how to use watercolors. We love how soft and airy these types of paintings can be, which is why learning how to use watercolors is on our to-do list for this summer. To help get your creative juices flowing, here are 11 ah-ma-zing watercolor artists you should definitely follow on Instagram.
1. @brownpaperbunny: As an Australian illustrator based in the United States, Jessica Mack has a passion for watercolor. Her Insta feed is filled with fashion illustrations and splashes of bold colors.
2. @emiliysanforddesign: This rad artist paints bright and colorful illustrations that are eventually transformed onto surface designs for iPhone covers, clothing and more.
3. @hellolovelypeople_: Kristen Van Leuven paints inspiring, color-filled quotes and lovely portraits of couples and families. Every watercolor she creates emits so much positivity and love.
5. @anna_pole: Soft and feminine floral paintings are what Anna’s feed is all about. You’ll find that she pays close attention to detail with every fine line and layer of color.
6. @tracyhetzel: Each one of Tracy Hetzel’s watercolors is very whimsical and darling. Get ready to feel like you’re in a fairytale with her latest series of “Imaginary Friends” paintings.
7. @arakelova: Another must-follow artist is this Russian painter. Many of her watercolors feature charming animals, flowers and plants that are sure to brighten up any day.
8. @vicky_od: No matter who you are, it’s difficult to resist this watercolor artist. But you’ll be especially be smitten if you’re in love with flowers and feminine designs.
9. @little_canoe: This one’s for all you nature-loving, adventure-seeking peeps out there. Check out Brook Weeber’s feed for super cute watercolor critters enjoying the great outdoors. Trust us, you won’t be able to get enough of her darling illustrations.
10. @nataliestudio: Here’s another watercolor artist who mostly paints flowers. What makes Natalie unique, however, is the dainty and charming strokes she makes to create each gorgeous petal and leaf.
11. @pinkpuddlestudio: Bright and beautiful bouquets are the centerpieces for Rachel’s artwork. We love the plethora of peonies and dahlias that make up her feed.
What are your favorite watercolor artists to follow on Instagram? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.