Morning Buzz! Here’s What Angelina Jolie’s Latest Court Filing Really Means for Brad Pitt + More
From a weird legal move from Angelina to words we’ll hold Joe Biden to, check out six of today’s top news items below!
1. Angeline Jolie has submitted her and Brad Pitt’s current custody agreement to court, a move that is being called “pure spin and manipulation.” The pair voluntarily came to the agreement together back in October; it remains temporary and non legally binding, and a source tells People that this is clearly a move for Angelina to keep the divorce “more in the public than less in the public,” adding that there is no legal reason to file and nothing has changed in the agreement. Yikes, looks like this is far from over. (Photo via Jonathan Leibson/Getty)
2. Jimmy Kimmel has announced that not only is he hosting the Oscars in February — him and his wife Molly McNeary are expecting baby number two! “So, there’s a lot of exciting stuff going on,” he said in his Monday night monologue. “Congratulations to me. I’m hosting the Oscars and I had sex. Two things as a teenage boy I never thought would be possible.” LOL. Congrats!
3. Joe Biden said he might run for President in 2020 in the most Joe Biden way ever. After a Senate session on Monday, Joe Biden was talking to reporters when CNN jokingly asked if he planned to run for office again. “Yeah, I am. I’m going to run in 2020,” Biden said. When pressed for what he’d run, he said, “For president. What the hell, man.” (Photo via Alex Wong/Getty)
4. Activate the hive: Beyoncé leads this year’s Grammy nominations. The Queen Bey nabbed nine huge noms, including for the top three categories of album, song and record of the year, and Drake and Kanye West follow close behind with eight nominations each. The Grammys will air Sunday, February 12 on CBS and will be hosted by James Corden. (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
5. We are all this puppy being lulled to sleep with a Christmas song. As this pupper’s owner softly sings “Christmas Time Is Here” it drifts peacefully off to sleep. Zzzzz.
6. Quote of the day: “Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again.” An Electoral College voter’s New York Times op-ed on why he will not cast his electoral vote for Donald Trump later this month. Read the full powerful piece here.
Do you expect many other Electoral College voters will follow suit? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Jonathan Leibson/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)