Morning Buzz! Kristen Bell Gets Emotional and Real Talking About Husband Dax Shepard + More
Happy Monday morning, y’all! Check out an amazing interview with Kristen Bell, a new Pokemon Go theory and more in this morning’s round up of the Buzziest news items.
1. Kristen Bell appeared on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend and gave a personal and emotional interview that is resonating with fans. In the interview, the Bad Moms star opens up about her 2013 courthouse wedding to Dax Shepard, and even shows pictures for the first time, revealing her non-traditional black top and pants and statement necklace look. Kristen tears up when talking about her husband’s troubled past as an addict, getting emotional about how far he’s come. “He’s a wonderful father. He knows the value of things. He was an addict for many, many years and he pulled himself out of it, and he’s been sober for 11, 12 years now. … And he knows how many times he’s messed up and how many times he’s been really close to losing everything.” Kristen also went on to prove that Dax isn’t the only one who knows the value of things, saying that in her industry, it’s important to keep perspective. “I always think, ‘If I’m on my deathbed, what am I gonna be thinking about?’ And it won’t be some random movie I participated in, or some TV show. It will be my family.”
2. Brie Larson will play Marvel’s first leading female superhero. It was confirmed this weekend at Comic Con that Brie will play Captain Marvel — aka Carol Danvers — in the upcoming 2019 movie Captain Marvel. Brie celebrated the announcement by sharing a selfie in which she’s wearing a Marvel cap, with the caption “Call me Captain Marvel.” NO PROBLEM THERE.
3. Gwen Stefani’s son Kingston is a future Snapchat star. After taking over his mom’s Snapchat this weekend to mess around with filters for a while, he took it one step further, face-swapping with his mom’s BF Blake Shelton and singing Blake’s 2011 song “God Gave Me You.” The results are equal parts hilarious and terrifying.
4. Is Lindsay Lohan pregnant? Lindsay has been keeping a relatively low profile these days, living in London with her rich business mogul fiancé Egor Tarabasov, but this weekend she posted a confusing series of (now deleted) messages across Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram accusing Egor of cheating and *maybe* hinting that she’s pregnant. She tweeted at one point “lindsay lohan labour pains trailer – I am pregnant!!” with a link to the trailer for her 2009 movie Labor Pains. It’s a lot to take from the cryptic messages for sure, but we just hope Lindsay’s okay.
— 柴犬ももた (@shiba_momota) July 23, 2016
5. Pokemon Go players in Japan think their pets can see Pokemons. Since the hit AR game was released in Japan last week, a trend has emerged on social media: Users are posting photos of their pets staring at the exact location that the digital Pokemons appear on screen in the game. Creepy! Of course, this is hardly “proof,” but all we’re saying is watch out for Weedles! (h/t Mashable)
6. Quote of the day: “We’re all human beings at the end of the day, whether we’re a waitress, a baker, a student or whatever we are; at the end of the day you can hit walls and think I can’t go any further or this is too much or my heart can’t take it or the pain is too great or am I good enough? Will I survive? And you just have to sort of somehow miraculously overcome. You just go, ‘I can, yes I can, yes you can.'” Jennifer Aniston gets caught off guard by and emotionally answers a fan’s *too real* question of ,”I’d like to know if you ever had a moment in which you get up in the morning and you don’t know who you are,” at a Giffoni Film Festival Q&A. Some unexpected inspiration for the day!
What’s your #MondayMotivation today? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)