Kim Kardashian gets into the beauty game and Twitter thinks Beyoncé is in labor in this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in Wednesday’s Morning Buzz!
1. Kim Kardashian will join her little sister Kylie Jenner in taking over the beauty world with her own makeup line called KKW Beauty. Kardashian announced the line at the Forbes Women’s Summit on Tuesday, revealing that the first drop would be happening on June 21 (THAT’S SO SOON). Kardashian says the line will focus on contouring and concealing, with a cream contour product as the first item available for launch. Kardashian also said that she would be launching a fragrance at the end of the year, and that she’s taking full control of every aspect of the line, from the packaging to the manufacturing and more. Naturally, fans on Twitter had fun meme-ing Kim coming for Kylie’s cosmetics throne, but we know these sisters are only here to lift each other up. Stay tuned to KKWBeauty.com to see what she has in store! (h/t Forbes)
2. Ben Higgins is weighing in on the Bachelor in Paradise controversy by sharing his own show experiences. Other show alumni and even host Chris Harrison have been speaking out on the BIP scandal, and now season 20 Bachelor Ben Higgins is opening up about his experiences on the show — and he has nothing but good things to say. “I was never forced into anything,” he said in an “emergency” episode of his and Ashley I’s Almost Famous podcast. “I was talked through as a friend in situations…Yes, there is producing that is done. It’s a show! There are situations that happen that they need to get something out of, but it’s never a forced situation.” Ashley also said that, during her seasons of The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise, she never saw “anything happen that should’ve been stopped that I thought was morally wrong.” (h/t E!; photo via John Lamparski/Getty)
3. Is Beyonce in labor?! Twitter thinks so! After a source told the Shade Room that Beyoncé had ARRIVED at an LA Hospital, the Beyhive freaked out waiting to hear if she’d had her twins. So far there’s been no confirmation.
4. A new Frozen short film is coming this year! The Frozen sequel isn’t out for another two years, but on November 22, Olaf’s Frozen Adventure will hit theaters, playing before Pixar’s upcoming Coco. The short feature is 21 minutes long and will be just in time for the holiday season.
5. We are all Oprah dressing herself and her dog in matching Wonder Woman costumes. Oprah tweeted the adorable picture (in which the dog, Sadie, does NOT look impressed), and over on Instagram, she had a whole series of Wonder Woman excitement and themed party shenanigans. Stars: They’re just like us!
6. Quote of the day: “Not having information is how we’re disempowered.” Kerry Washington talks about the need for conversation and education at the Forbes Women Summit.
What makes you feel empowered? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Dia Dipasupil/Getty)