Taylor Swift’s taking action and the victim of Deadpool‘s stunt accident has been revealed in this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in Tuesday’s Morning Buzz.
1. Yesterday, a judge ruled in favor of Taylor Swift in her countersuit against former DJ David Mueller, who she alleges groped her at a 2013 meet and greet. Swift was awarded a symbolic $1 in damages, but the impact of her trial extends way beyond monetary value, and now the singer is vowing to work to help sexual assault victims. “I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society, and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this,” Swift said in a statement released after the trial’s conclusion. “My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves.” Yes, Tay. (h/t Us Weekly; photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
2. The identity of the stuntwoman who died on set of Deadpool has been revealed. Sad news came from the set of Deadpool 2 in Vancouver yesterday when it was revealed that a stunt person had died after her motorcycle crashed during filming. Now, People has confirmed that the woman killed was Joi “SJ” Harris, a motorcycle road racer who, according to People, billed herself as the first African-American female road racer. Deadline reports that this was Harris’s first stunt performer role, and that she was not wearing a helmet during the scene to stay true to the character. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends. (h/t People)
3. Rachel Lindsay live-tweeted the Bachelor in Paradise premiere and we are HERE FOR IT. BIP‘s controversial new season premiered last night. And while most viewers were anxious to see how the show would handle the Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson incident (so far, they’ve shown a timeline of everything leading up to the shut-down), the most recent Bachelorette, Rachel Lindsay, was just “excited to watch someone else on Monday nights!” and to see many of her Bachelor Nation ladies “kill it.” At one point, Lindsay got a little salty toward Jasmine, joking, “Apparently @jasminegoode24 found the fountain of youth in paradise…she is now 26 lol.” Lindsay was seemingly agreeing with a comment made by her old Bachelor pal Raven, who is on BIP this season.
4. Robert Pattinson won’t rule out playing Twilight‘s Edward Cullen again. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. During a recent HuffPost interview, when asked if he would be open to returning to the Twilight world, Pattinson “faux enthusiastically” said, “Really? Yes!” Okay, not the most encouraging, but after that he got a little more serious, saying, “Well, you never know.” Pattinson also said that making Twilight “did inspire [him] at the time.” Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer recently said of Twilight (and The Hunger Games) that “there are a lot more stories to be told, and we’re ready to tell them when our creators are ready to tell those stories.” So, guys, we’re waiting. (h/t Elle; photo via Rich Fury/Getty)
5. Justin Bieber has a new song coming out just weeks after canceling his Purpose tour. The singer Instaspammed his own Instagram account with word of the new song, “Friends,” a collaboration with producer Bloodpop (who also worked on Biebs’ hit “Sorry”), that will drop this Thursday at noon. As much as we’re hoping that Bieber is taking the time he needs to himself following the tour cancellation, we have to admit that we’re also pretty excited to hear what he’s come up with on “Friends.” (h/t ET)
6. Quote of the day: “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” Even if a Tuesday doesn’t feel like the best day for National Relaxation Day, try your best to enjoy and keep these words from Lily Tomlin in mind!
How do you like to relax? Let us know @BritandCo!