The Beyhive is still buzzing and the Gap is bringing back the ’90s in a BIG way in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below!
1. We’ve been keeping close track of all the Beyoncé pregnancy photo theories, from the potential hidden messages to Grammys performance rumors (which seem pretty likely), but now, people are starting to think she might also be performing at the Super Bowl. Lady Gaga posted a pic from Houston, where the Super Bowl will be held and also Bey’s home town, with the caption “Houston, you are beautiful.” Then she posted the bee emoji. Which obviously 100000% can only mean Beyonce.
2. Nordstrom will no longer sell Ivanka Trump merch. The department store announced on Thursday that low sales of the brand mean they won’t be carrying it anymore, which they’ve done since 2011. “Every single brand we offer is evaluated on their results—if people don’t buy it, we won’t sell it,” co-President Pete Nordstrom said to staff back in November. “We hope that offering a vendor’s products isn’t misunderstood as us taking a political position; we’re not.” (h/t Fortune, photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
3. Nicki Minaj’s house was robbed and trashed as $175,000 of jewelry was stolen. The robbery took place sometime between November 2016 and January 2017, though the public is only now learning about it, due to TMZ. Nicki wasn’t home at the time, and approximately $175,000 of jewelry and other items were stolen, while the rest of the house was trashed, including furniture flipped over and small items like picture frames and perfume bottles being vandalized. Yikes. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
4. President Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway made up a fake terrorist attack to justify the immigrant ban. Whaaa? Last night in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC, Conway referenced something called the “Bowling Green Massacre,” saying it was committed by two Iraqi refugees but it probably didn’t sound familiar because it didn’t get covered. People were very quick to jump on the made-up massacre, making up additional “fake” facts about it.
5. OMG, Gap’s new commercial is gonna give you MAJOR ’90s nostalgia. Holy flashbacks! The Gap is jumping on the ’90s bandwagon and is bringing back 15 of its iconic ’90s styles, giving them the appropriately retro commercial treatment. BRB, going to The Gap.
6. Quote of the day: “I didn’t always love my legs, but as I’ve grown, I’ve learned to love and celebrate myself, just as I am. I began to realize that my legs are STRONG and they carry me every. single. day.” Hillary Duff gives us all an important reminder in her new Aerie ad.
Do you ever have to remind yourself to love your body as is? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)