These Are the Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals in America
It’s no secret that a lot of fast food spots + restaurant chains aren’t the healthiest options when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also not a shocker: Most of the time those menu combos or seasonal specials almost reach or exceed the recommended 2,000 calories per day quota in one serving. A recently released report rounded up nearly two hands’ worth of the most unhealthy restaurant meals calorie-wise you could indulge in throughout the US. The results will definitely encourage you to recreate one of these healthier versions at home.
Restaurant Confidential’s Xtreme Eating 2015 report highlights nine meals from some of the nation’s top chains that reach more than 2,000 calories from one plate of food. Check ’em out below, but prepare yourself for the inevitable feeling of queasiness.
The Worst Restaurant Meals In America
1. Red Lobster’s Create Your Own Combo: When you combine three of Red Lobster’s signature shrimp dishes together, they add up to a whooping 2,710 calories for one jumbo plate. And don’t forget those biscuits.
2. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit’s 3 Meat Plate: A plate filled with sausage, pork ribs and beef brisket with fried onion tanglers, mac + cheese and complimentary soft-serve for dessert piles up to a whopping 2,500 calories in one gluttonous dinner affair.
3. Outback Steakhouse’s Herb Roasted Prime Rib Dinner: This 16 oz. slab of meat, a blue cheese wedge and baked potato tap out at 2,400 calories for one meal. Be prepared to be full for a few days after this one.
4. Cheesecake Factory’s Louisiana Chicken Pasta: This meal alone weighs one and a half pounds, so you know it’s not good for that waistline. This pasta meal totals 2,370 calories and a sadface.
5. Uno Pizzeria + Grill’s 2 for $12 Pick + Choose: A baked ziti + sausage pasta and Chicago classic deep dish pizza combo adds up to 2,190 calories. Please, if you’re ordering this one, share it with company.
6. Sonic’s Pineapple Upside-Down Master Blast Shake: If you’re looking for a drink to fill you up for the entire day, this 2,020 calorie-filled frozen beverage will do the trick.
7. IHOP Chorizo Fiesta Omelette + Pancakes: With 1,990 calories, you’d be starting your day out with literally no wiggle room for another meal — so it better be a good one.
8. Cheesecake Factory’s Warm Apple Pie Crisp: At 1,740 calories, you could just eat two slices of cheesecake instead. YIKES!
9. Steak ‘n Shake’s 7×7 Steakburger ‘n Fries: No one needs to consume seven beef patties in one sitting, but in case you’re feeling the urge, this one will clock in at 1,330 calories. We’re kind of surprised that total isn’t higher.
Have you had any of these bad-for-your-health restaurant meals? Let us know in the comments.