Some days, you just need a greasy cheeseburger. Your drawer full of takeout menus beckons, and before you know it, you’re dialing the number to the place down the street. But what’s actually between those buns? Meh, we probably don’t want to know. So when a craving strikes, back away from the menu drawer and indulge in one of these takeout menu makeovers – somewhat guilt free.
3. Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza: Making your own pizza is all about customization. Treat yourself to this gourmet pizza, or keep it simple with some bacon and deliciously gooey cheese. (via Generation Y Foodie)
5. Dairy Free Wendy’s Frosty Copycat Recipe: While not technically a food, this copycat version of Wendy’s infamous frosty is a no-brainer. The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to make, and you don’t have to wait in line. (via Healthy Recipe Ecstasy)
6. Southern Style Chicken Tenders With Sweet Tea Dipping Sauce: This chicken finger makeover is as drastic as it is delicious. Baked in cornmeal and Parmesan cheese, with a side of sweet tea sauce, you’ll have officially graduated from the kid’s menu once you make these. (via Thirsty for Tea)
7. Shrimp Fried Rice: Fried rice is the ultimate dinner when you’ve got leftovers in the fridge. Substitute the shrimp for chicken, pork or any other meat or veggie for a delicious, fast and resourceful meal. (via Bon Appétit)
8. Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Hot Dogs: Everything tastes better with a little bacon. Wrap up this BBQ staple in some bacon, add some hot peppers, a dollop of guac, and call yourself the grill master. (via Port and Fin)
9. Buffalo Cheese Fries: These loaded fries are perfect for any game day. Or when you’re just craving a plate of perfectly crispy French fries that don’t require sitting at a bar. (via Life Tastes Like Food)
11. Gluten Free Potstickers With Pineapple Chili Dipping Sauce: What was once the ultimate carb-loaded snack is now gluten friendly. Who would have thought it was possible? Add a variety of meats or veggies to the filling and enjoy. (via Free Eats)
13. String Cheese Mozzarella Sticks: Alright, so this string cheese version is still fried, so it’s not exactly healthy, but it is most definitely delicious and can be whipped up in a hurry. (via The Chic Table)
What’s your favorite take out menu make over? Let us know in the comments below!