16 Drive-Thru Favorites to Make at Home
Back before food trucks started their takeover, the drive-thru ruled the on-the-go-eats arena. And now that we’ve been spoiled with such awesome and thoughtfully crafted fare, it can be a bit of a challenge to revisit the old haunts. Thankfully, it’s easy enough to hack fast food at home, allowing you to re-create favorites while customizing ingredients so you can truly have it your way. Enjoy this collection of 16 sips, sides and sandwiches that are sure to put a smile on your face.
4. Chick-Fil-A Nuggets: Served with an outragously good honey-mustard sauce for dipping, this Chick-Fil-A fave can now be had at home instead of by road trippin’ it to your nearest location. Now if only there was a DIY for their waffle fries… (via Damn Delicious)
5. Curly Fries: You’ll need a special device to cut these Arby’s-like fries into curls, but don’t let that scare you away. The seasoning works just as well applied to your standard, straight-cut potatoes. (via Instructables)
6. Cherry Limeade: For a more authentic Sonic experience, try to get your hands on some pellet ice. Otherwise, simply crush up some cubes and add them to this refreshing, sweet-tart sip. (via Lil’ Luna)
7. Double-Double, Animal Style: One of the most popular not-so-secret menu options at In-N-Out, this “Animal Style” double cheeseburger adds a little dab of mustard to the patties, and tops things off with tomatoes, pickles, grilled onions and an extra large helping of spread (aka thousand island). It’s so messy but sooo good. (via Serious Eats)
9. Double Decker Tacos: If you have a hard time choosing between flour and corn tortillas, now you don’t have to. Each bite of these tasty tacos are totally packed with textures and flavors. (via Simply Scratch)
10. Charcoal Burger With Spicy Chicken and Black Pepper Mushrooms: With this guide for making black burger buns, you’re well on your way to DIYing the black burgers from Burger King without a flight to Japan. (via Nasi Lemak Lover)
11. Coffee Coolatta: For all those East Coast transplants living out west, now you can satisfy your Dunkin’ Donuts Coolata cravings from the comfort of your own home. While you’re at it, might we recommend making a couple dozen donuts to enjoy alongside? (via Tammilee Tips)
12. Nachos Supreme (Gluten-Free): Topped with totally-from-scratch queso and beef seasoned with a homemade taco seasoning blend, these nachos go from dinner table to fiesta with ease. (via A Sage Amalgam)
What copycat recipes do you enjoy making at home? Let us know below!