These Videos Are the Best of the Best on YouTube from 2017
There’s no denying that 2017 brought us some pretty stellar videos, from Selena Gomez’s “Bad Liar” to Demi Lovato’s “Tell Me You Love Me” and even Taylor Swift’s “…Ready for It?” But were they among the MOST-watched vids of the year? Check out the list below to find out!
TOP TRENDING VIDEOS
Not all videos that go viral on YouTube feature musicians. Sometimes it’s a clip of some art, an unusual bit of entertainment, or a well-needed laugh that captures the attention of the masses. Take a peek at the top trending videos of 2017 (according to YouTube), which collectively earned more than 633 million views (a whopping 83 million more than last year’s top 10).
1. Until We Will Become Dust – Oyster Masked (ตราบธุลีดิน – หน้ากากหอยนางรม) | THE MASK SINGER 2
2. ED SHEERAN – Shape of You | Kyle Hanagami Choreography
3. Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect
4. Darci Lynne: 12-Year-Old Singing Ventriloquist Gets Golden Buzzer – America’s Got Talent 2017
5. Ed Sheeran Carpool Karaoke
6. Lady Gaga’s FULL Pepsi Zero Sugar Super Bowl LI Halftime Show | NFL
7. “INAUGURATION DAY” — A Bad Lip Reading of Donald Trump’s Inauguration
8. history of the entire world, i guess
9. In a Heartbeat – Animated Short Film
10. Children interrupt BBC News interview – BBC News
TOP MUSIC VIDEOS
If you sang (and surely danced) along with “Despacito” this year, you certainly weren’t alone. Luis Fonsi’s video for the tune racked up a whopping 4.4 BILLION views — and counting.
As for the rest of the top 10, this year offered quite a mix of artists from all over the world.
1. Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
2. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You [Official Video]
3. J Balvin, Willy William – Mi Gente (Official Video)
4. Maluma – Felices los 4 (Official Video)
5. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [Official Video]
6. Chris Jeday – Ahora Dice (Official Video) ft. J. Balvin, Ozuna, Arcángel
7. 05. El Amante – Nicky Jam (Video Oficial) (Álbum Fénix)
8. Jason Derulo – Swalla (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign) (Official Music Video)
9. DJ Khaled – I’m the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
10. Enrique Iglesias – SUBEME LA RADIO (Official Video) ft. Descemer Bueno, Zion & Lennox
What was your favorite video from 2017? Let us know @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)