10 New Must-Try Beauty Products for March
For most of the country, this winter has been a total doozy. But remember, with the first week of March comes the promise that spring is so, so near. So, in the spirit of being almost home free from freezing temps (and all the beauty bummers that go along with it), we’re using this month to reevaluate our skin care and makeup go-tos for the season to come. That’s where the latest products to hit the shelves come in: we’re using them as fodder for a kind of beauty kit spring cleaning that has us living that “out with the old, in with the new must-haves” mindset to set our skin up right for spring. Here are the 10 to try now.
1. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash ($24): Even though they work like a charm, we’ll be the first to admit that eyelash curlers are extremely creepy. For those of you who won’t let the device near your face — or for anyone who wants to cut down on bulky beauty tools — you’ll finally be able to get just-as-glam lashes using only a tube of mascara. Benefit’s long-hold formula and specially-designed wand promise to hook, lift and curl your lashes as you apply, no clamping necessary.
2. Yes to Coconut Lemongrass Liquid Hand Soap ($4): The budget-friendly natural beauty brand seems to be constantly extending its offerings (and we’re totally okay with that). Its latest is a collection of hand soaps that use natural ingredient power players like coconut to deliver next-level hydration and shea butter + antioxident-rich blueberries to lock in moisture. We’re fond of the scents just as much as the ingredients: a refreshing whiff of cucumber and eucalyptus or grapefruit and basil are just what we need come spring.
3. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer ($28): Minimize your getting-ready routine with maximum impact with Clinique’s new pigment-rich foundation and concealer in one. A perfect time saver for girls on the go, this lightweight, oil-free formula delivers thorough coverage without clogging pores. No need to juggle between products: sweep the flat side of the applicator across your forehead to even out the appearance of your skin, dab with its tip to mask problem spots, blend the slow-dry formula thoroughly and just like that, you’re halfway to a flawless face.
4. Cocooil x UO Coconut & Sea Salt Beach Spray ($15): Beach waves are always in season, so if you ask us, you can never have enough sea salt spray on hand. Rest assured your locks will look legit ocean-kissed with this coconut-scented spray: Urban Outfitters teamed up with Australian beauty brand Cocooil to bottle up the ultimate surfer babe texture. Mist onto damp or dry hair to add the touch.
5. Ciaté Runway Revamp 3 Step Nail Set ($35): Holiday manis + the countless polish changes since have had your nails working overtime. So before you break out your favorite spring pastels, give your nails some restorative downtime with this rejuvenating three-step nail treatment. With different formulas poised to cleanse, brighten and moisturize, consider this mandatory maintenance for healthy hands.
6. Bloke Skin + Hair Care Body Scrub ($18): If you love Lush, you’ll fall hard for Bloke, an all-natural beauty brand that creates restorative skin care products in intoxicating scents. Its vegan skin scrubs — “tested on babes, not animals” — is basically like a vanilla latte in a bag, made with ingredients like sugar, black tea and chai spices to create a sweet smelling, tough-love exfoliant that helps clear cellulite and stretch marks.
7. Lancôme My French Palette ($58): Complete your French girl look — Breton stripes, check! Enviable bedhead, check! — with this sophisticated eyeshadow palette. The combination of matte and shimmer neutrals with dramatic teals makes it a desk-to-date-night must-have: just swipe a pop of color over your bronzed-for-the-office eye to flaunt “who’s that girl” levels of je ne sais quoi.
8. Binchotan Toothbrush ($8): Don’t be fooled: these minimalist-style toothbrushes are a major upgrade from your average drugstore brush. Charcoal-enhanced bristles not only deodorize and remove plaque when you brush, but work to keep the brush fresh and bacteria-free post-gargle. The simple brushes come in vibrant primary colors + a mod-looking black and white — buy one for each of your roomies for the slickest sink setup ever.
9. Museum Nails Stroke of Gold Nail Wraps ($13): If we learned anything from NYFW, it’s that nail art is not dead. Hack a Pinterest-worthy manicure, no polish required, with these gold-speckled nail strips. Lay ’em over a clear polish for a negative space effect that’s so of the moment, or add them over of your fave pastel hue for a mani that screams spring.
10. Stowaway Cosmetics Creme Lipstick ($15): Meet your new purse BFFs. Stowaway Cosmetics has us hooked with their “made for women on the go” philosophy and their travel-sized products — including their creme lipsticks — live up to the hype. High-pigmented colors + long-wear formula in a tube that’s smaller than your pinky finger = your new take-anywhere beauty solution.
What new beauty products have you bought recently or are dying to try? Tell us in the comments below.