7 Runway-Approved Beauty Trends You Should Try Now
New York Fashion Week might be coming to a close, but we’re still very much on a high from all the stellar looks we’ve seen over the past few days. From that epic Zac Posen dress to the easiest hair trend ever, we’re almost tempted to skip right on over summer and jump straight back into fall. Okay, maybe not that tempted. We sorta need that beach vacay to stay sane. One aspect of NYFW that’s just as important as clothes is the makeup. A lot of trends spotted on the runway are hard to translate onto the street, but here are a few we’re guessing you’ll be sporting in some variation long before fall 2015.
1. A Winter Glow: Pick up that bronzer and definitely your blush, because a warm, peachy complexion popped up at both J.Crew and Kate Spade New York. If your city’s cold weather already turns those cheeks a little rosy, just pop on a bit more blush to make a statement without looking like a doll. (photos via Cindy Ord/Fernanda Calfat)
2. Nail Art: We’ve been seeing this on Pinterest and bloggers for some time now, but it looks as though the trend has finally been made runway-ready. Although, what we saw on the runway wasn’t exactly as cartoonish as what you might see on your favorite blogger’s site – no pizza nails here. Our favorite manicures were the squiggly lines we spotted at Adam Selman and the minimal white lines at Suno. (photos via @mpnails and Mireya Acierto/Getty)
3. Bejeweled Liner: Over at Rodarte the models rocked tiny Swarovski sparkles under their eyes that were attached via a silver string and glue. We saw a similar technique at Ohne Titel, where makeup artists attached plum-color caviar beads under the lash line. (photos via @officialrodarte and Mireya Acierto/Getty)
4. Minimal Makeup: Because sometimes the best look isn’t technically a look at all. Going along with the bedhead hair we spotted earlier, this undone look was popular all throughout the week. We particularly loved it over at Creatures of the Wind and Jason Wu. If you’re really loving this, give our flawless face makeup tutorial a try and leave your look at that. (photos via Arun Nevader/Neilson Barnard/Getty)
5. Brick Lips: Looking for a new shade of red to rock? Well, you may have just found it. With ’90s makeup making a definite comeback, this shade resembling brick was spotted at both 3.1 Philip Lim and Donna Karan where – according to Style.com – the makeup artists blended two shine-free tubes from MAC (Spirit and Verve) to create the shade. (photos via Neilson Barnard/JP Yim/Getty)
6. Minimal Graphic Eyes: While we did see some heavy eye makeup over NYFW, what stuck out most were the minimal, graphic looks. Over at Suno, we spotted a thick rectangular line along the outer eye, while at Yigal Azrouël the models rocked a more dramatic curve that arched from the corner of the eye to the middle of the eyelid. (photos via Mireya Acierto/Jemal Countess/Getty)
7. Glitter Eyes: Taking things a step up from the bejeweled liner, models over at Tadashi Shoji showed off some super glittery eyes. For a slightly more subtle option that’s still very sparkly, try something more akin to the sparkle lashes over at Carolina Herrera. Style.com reports that the makeup artists applied glitter across false lashes via beads of silicone to make it look as if they were water droplets. (photos via Frazer Harrison/Monica Schipper/Getty)
Which of these beauty trends would you be up for trying come fall? Share you thoughts in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.