New Year’s Eve parties aren’t ONLY about Champagne toasts (not that there would be anything wrong with that). Good food (and plenty of it) is a must when you have people over for the last night of the year. Can you imagine bidding the year farewell with only a few bowls of pretzels and some chips? Nope! Your friends would never forgive that. Whether you put out just a few or you’re making appetizers the end-all-be-all of your spread, these 11 New Year’s Eve appetizer recipes will highlight your hostess capabilities well into the next year.
1. Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp With Homemade Cocktail Sauce: Roasting shrimp isn’t just easy (no skewering or even tossing), but it offers a flavor that goes so well with a homemade cocktail sauce that’s laced with horseradish. Consider DOUBLING UP on this appetizer, because it will steal the show. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
2. Perfect Bruschetta: Who knew that just a few ingredients mixed together could taste so heavenly? Tomatoes combined with garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar — and don’t leave out the basil — top crunchy bread with a flavor that’ll remind you of a springtime day. (via The Garlic Diaries)
3. Roasted Cranberry and Goat Cheese Flat Breads: Maple syrup and shallots work well together to glaze fresh cranberries that turn into a *beautiful* chutney. With some herbs and seasonings and a bit of crumbled goat cheese, these flatbreads are what appetizer fantasies are made of. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
4. Ginger Steak and Brie Sliders With Balsamic Cranberry Sauce: This divine appetizer could also serve as a mini-meal. Short ribs are the main ingredient here, and it’s easy to cook them all day in the slow cooker. Some pops of color from arugula and cranberry sauce not only make these delicious but perfect for the season. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps: What better way to start the new year than with a simple and healthy bite? These lettuce wraps are sweet, spicy and crunchy (thanks to cashews), and you’ll definitely want to get your hands on them. (via As Easy As Apple Pie)
6. Thai Peanut Salad Cups: A Thai-inspired peanut dressing coats shredded veggies piled into crispy wonton cups. These are perfect for vegetarians in your crowd, but will satisfy even the meat-eaters in the group. (via The Busy Baker)
7. Honey, Apricot and Almond Goat Cheese Spread: The amber color of the apricots and honey in this appetizer is like a beautiful stained-glass window. And come on! Who at a party isn’t looking for a cheese-based spread to dig into and slather on a crunchy cracker? (via Peas & Crayons)
8. Smoked Salmon Appetizer Bites: Take note: These savory salmon bites are not only easy to make, but you can prep them ahead of time when you have a few spare minutes. They’re elegant and still perfectly pop-able. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
9. Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls: This homemade version of a restaurant staple is easy to make and enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Textures combine (think crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside) and add something truly *special* with avocado as its base. Dunk these treats into a creamy cilantro-spiked sauce for even more flavor. (via Damn Delicious)
10. Cranberry Cheese Log: It does not get any easier to put this gorgeous creamy cheese spread together: Dried cranberries and your favorite soft cheese do the trick. Not only is this delicious, but the color is vibrant and OH SO festive. (via Mon Petit Four)
11. No Bake Apple Pie Bites: What better way to top off the evening than with a bite-sized, no-bake treat. Apple pie bites are an adorable, sweet and no-fuss way to put together dessert, thanks to prepackaged mini phyllo shells. (via Recipe Runner)
For more tips and tricks for your New Year’s Eve party, follow us on Pinterest.