18 Ways to Add More Potato Chips to Your Life
We’re huge advocates of getting creative with potato chip recipes. Even grandma knew the classic snack food had the power to make everything better when she sprinkled them on top of her tuna noodle casserole. Sure, sometimes we just want to hunker down with a big bag of chips, but other times we need something more. Here, the lowly chip has been elevated by inclusion in every meal of the day, from breakfast to sweet potato chip dessert recipes. Check out these 18 sneaky ways to get your potato chip fix.
2. Potato Chip Scrambled Eggs With Chorizo: This dish takes inspiration from the Spanish frittata and adds chorizo for a hearty dose of heat. Spicy dill pickle kettle chips are a unique spin on the traditional potatoes, but you could swap in any flavor with great results. (via Always Order Dessert)
3. BBQ Turkey Chili: BBQ chili + BBQ chips = a match made in heaven. A solid base of onions, peppers, ground turkey and cannellini beans are topped with shredded cheese and crumbled chips. We want to scoop this up with whole chips instead of a spoon! (via Brit + Co)
4. Salt and Vinegar Spanish Tortilla With Quick Cheaty Allioli: Invented one hungry night and with limited resources, this traditional tortilla brilliantly swaps sliced potatoes for chips. It’s a genius time saver that still turns out a light and creamy omelet with fluffy layers. Top with the easy mayo-based sauce for a quick meal. (via Serious Eats)
5. Twice-Baked Potato Chip Souffle: Who can say no to potatoes three ways? Baked potatoes get blended with bacon and cheese into these adorable souffles that are then topped with chips, more cheese and more bacon. They may be a bit labor intensive, but your dinner guests will be majorly impressed. (via Brit + Co)
6. Potato Chip Pasta: Now we’ve seen everything. Of course, gnocchi is made with potato flour, so why not these light and fluffy pasta pillows? For a less-greasy dough, try using baked chips. Toss in a simple brown butter sauce to let the flavors shine. (via The Daily Meal)
7. Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Macarons: Chocolate-covered potato chips are a salty-sweet classic, but these macarons take them to the next level. Crushed chips are incorporated into the cookie, which sandwiches a milk chocolate ganache. The macarons are then dipped in more chocolate and sprinkled with more chips. Talk about snack food heaven! (via Love and Olive Oil)
8. Dude Food Magic Bars: Potato chips, bacon and pretzels may be considered “dude food,” but we don’t know anyone who could turn down these gooey seven-layer bars. Add peanut butter chips and salted caramel and you’ve reached dessert nirvana. (via Sugar Hero)
9. Oven-Fried Potato Chip Chicken Recipe: We’re always on the hunt for the best fried chicken, and if there’s a way to get crispy — like really crispy — fried chicken from the oven, we’re all over it! Soak your chicken in a buttermilk and spice mixture to make it extra tender and flavorful, then toss in your favorite chips and bake. (via Zak!)
10. Oven Baked Onion Rings: Onion rings and potato chips — why didn’t we think of this? Even though these rings are baked and not fried, the coating of chips is enough to keep them crunchy. Mix up your favorite spices or try barbecue chips for a zesty twist. (via Fine Cooking)
11. Pistachio Chocolate Tart With Potato Chip Crust: It seems impossible to believe something this rich, gorgeous and decadent could include something as lowbrow as potato chips, but this tart pulls it off with panache. Dark chocolate ganache topped with pistachios nestles in a crust made of potato chips to satisfy all our confectionery fantasies. (via 10th Kitchen)
12. Trashed Up Sweet & Salty Cookies: These cookies include oats and Special K cereal, so they’re actually good for us, right? We can’t resist the giant chunks of chocolate in these sweet and salty treats. But whether you save them for a snack or try to pass them off as breakfast is up to you. (via Kailey’s Kitchen)
13. Pesto Crunch Pizza: This pizza with homemade dough and pesto sauce is already a winner even before the addition of crumbled potato chips on top. Your vegan and lactose-intolerant friends will appreciate the absence of cheese, but even die-hard fromagists will enjoy the perfect balance of flavors. (via Borrowed Salt)
14. Potato Chip Brownies: We already love chips dipped in chocolate, so why not chips baked in chocolate? Here they’re layered in the batter, so every bite boasts salty, crunchy goodness. We recommend a double batch. (via Brit + Co)
15. Ultimate California Chicken Avocado Sandwich With Bacon: Chips and sandwiches are a classic pairing, and chips in a sandwich are double the fun. This one boasts roast chicken, fresh sprouts, avocado and bacon — yum. Try barbecue or spicy chips to mix it up. (via Half Baked Harvest)
16. Creamy Macaroni & Cheese With Potato Chip Crust: This homemade mac and cheese is made on the stovetop for ultimate creaminess. Not only is it topped with a crust of potato chips, but the sauce includes a dry white wine. Mac and cheese + potato chips + wine? We’re in. (via Platings and Pairings)
17. Milk Bar Compost Cookies: Milk Bar made these cookies famous, but you don’t have to stand in line at the NYC shop to get a taste of these amazing treats. Chocolate, oats, pretzels, chips and more come together in this everything cookie. And by more, we mean coffee grounds. What? (via Fresh April Flours)
18. Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes: These aren’t ice cream cones — they’re cupcakes in disguise! Potato chips grace the cupcake batter and are dipped in chocolate to adorn the frosted tops. These cones might be too sophisticated to take to a kids’ party, so you should probably just enjoy them yourself. ;) (via Gringalicious)
Follow us on Pinterest for more creative recipe ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)