This No-Knead, 5-Ingredient Artisanal Bread Is Super Easy to Bake
We’re serious. You can bake fresh, crusty, aromatic, artisanal bread using just FIVE ingredients. It doesn’t involve any kneading and takes less than 10 minutes of prep! We’ve always thought that baking bread was intimidating, but this recipe is a great way to dip your toes in the water. With only five ingredients (plus water), this rosemary sea salt bread is easy to prepare and even easier to eat! Let’s get baking!
- — 3 cups all-purpose flour
- — 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- — 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast (or highly active dry yeast)
- — 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- — 2 sprigs rosemary, de-stemmed
- — flaky sea salt
— Dutch oven
*Note: Since there are only a few ingredients, we recommend getting the freshest and highest quality products you can.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, kosher salt, yeast and rosemary. Incorporate the water using a wooden spoon, making a shaggy dough that’s blended. Be careful not to over mix the dough. If you over mix it, it’ll be less fluffy. Just combine it enough so it’s cohesive.
2. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap. We recommend using press ‘n’ seal since it seals better than other wraps.
3. Let the dough rise at room temperature for 24 hours. If you can’t wait that long, make sure it has at least eight hours to rise. You’ll know it’s ready when it has small bubbles.
3. After it’s done rising, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat your Dutch oven in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. While the Dutch oven is heating, put the dough on a floured surface. Use your hands to quickly form a ball. Cover the dough loosely with plastic wrap until the Dutch oven is warm.
5. When the Dutch oven is ready, put the dough inside and sprinkle the top with sea salt. Cover the bread and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 10-15 minutes uncovered until the crust is nice and brown.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Stir in water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy but cohesive dough. Do not over-work the dough. The less you work it, the more fluffy air pockets will form. In other words, mix just so the ingredients come together, but not too much!
It should look like this right after mixing.
After letting it rise, it’ll have little bubbles from air pockets rising, as pictured above.
Put the dough on a floured surface. Use your hands to quickly form a ball, then sprinkle more rosemary and sea salt on top for extra flavor!
Almost there! All that’s left is to bake your bread. Put it in your warm Dutch oven for 30 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the crust is slightly brown.
OMG. So EASY and so delicious. Be careful — this bread is super addictive.
That bit of rosemary and sea salt makes it extra delish.
Add a little bit of butter and take a bite!
What other flavors would you add to this bread? Share your ideas in the comments!