Say Yes to These 15 Non-Traditional Proposal Ring Boxes
Looking to take your proposal up a notch? A creative ring box that speaks to you as a couple is such a sweet and sentimental way to make the moment true to you. Take a cue from these unique proposal boxes and you’ll have a keepsake to commemorate the day for years to come. You can even use these boxes to store sentimental jewels long after the engagement ring has found its forever home on your love’s hand, or bring them out again to store your wedding bands for the big day.
1. Clouds and Currents Personalised Proposal Ring Box ($21): Searching for the sweetest way to ask for his or her hand? Keep it straightforward with a little round box that simply asks, “Marry me?”
2. Little Wood Cottage Proposal Box ($22): Ideal for the vintage-loving romantic, this little wooden box is wrapped with lace and adorned with a brass heart on top for an heirloom-worthy appeal.
3. Oh Dier Living Pixie Box ($55): For the fiancé-to-be who adores color, this well-crafted wood box, with its artisanal angles and eye-catching color options, teases the beauty that’s inside. Opt for engraving with your beloved’s name, and bonus points if you match the exterior to the ring’s stone color.
4. Woodstorming Faceted Wood Box ($94) and 5. Chalk Concrete Geometric Ring Dish ($50): Become an early adopter of the minimalist wedding trend and conceal the prized bauble in a geometric faceted box with a smooth exterior.
6. The Mrs. Box The Fairfax ($75): For a luxurious proposal, these French velvet ring boxes are a must-have. With a rainbow of hues and the option to customize with a gilded initial, this proposal box is its own little treasure.
7. BHLDN Ring Display Box ($18) and 8. Waen Geometric Terrarium Ring Box ($40): If you’re looking for a more organic way to pop the question, a terrarium ring box lets you customize down to the material the ring rests on. Display the prized possession amongst tiny succulents, soft flower petals or heart-shaped confetti.
9. Chambre de Sucre Macaron Limoge Trinket Boxes ($10): Talk about the *sweetest* way to propose. You can choose from six scrumptious “flavors” of this French macaron box with a gold rim.
10. Roar + Rabbit Marble Jewelry Box ($34+): For a whimsical mid-century modern approach, pop the question with this marble and wood box. The geometric brass inlay design mimics the shape of the ring’s stone and would make a great storage box for years to come.
11. Morgann Hill Designs Personalized Wood Ring Box ($23): How adorable is this nod to the romantic gesture of carving your initials into a tree? It also makes an eco-friendly option for the perfect rustic-influenced symbol of your everlasting love.
12. Dazzling Expressions Art Deco Ring Box ($23): For a Gatsby-approved proposal, look no further than this elegant wooden box painted with your initials and finished with a vintage-inspired golden clasp.
13. My Wed Style Woodland Personalized Wedding Ring Box ($35): A clear engagement ring box with personalized engraving provides endless options for further customizing your proposal. Fill it with petals from your beloved’s favorite flower or dried lavender for a sweetly scented moment.
14. Vault of Wonder Rupee Engagement Ring Box ($60): For the couple that loves to play games, this Legend of Zelda-inspired 3D-printed rupee box will make you the biggest winner of all.
15. Bespoke Laser UK Engraved Engagement Ring Box ($19): Commemorate your engagement date with an engraved ring box offset by organic laurel branches. Include your engagement date in the design, and add the wedding date after your fiancé says yes.
Planning the perfect proposal? Follow us on Pinterest for unique ring ideas + inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.