Say Yes to These 15 Non-Traditional Proposal Ring Boxes
Looking to take your proposal up a notch? A creative ring box that speaks to you as a couple is such a sweet and sentimental way to make the moment true to you. Take a cue from these unique proposal boxes and you’ll have a keepsake to commemorate the day for years to come. You can even use these boxes to store sentimental jewels long after the engagement ring has found its forever home on your love’s hand, or bring them out again to store your wedding bands for the big day.
1. Clouds and Currents Personalised Proposal Ring Box ($21): Searching for the sweetest way to ask for his or her hand? Keep it straightforward with a little round box that simply asks, “Marry me?”
2. Little Wood Cottage Proposal Box ($22): Ideal for the vintage-loving romantic, this little wooden box is wrapped with lace and adorned with a brass heart on top for an heirloom-worthy appeal.
3. Oh Dier Living Pixie Box ($55): For the fiancé-to-be who adores color, this well-crafted wood box, with its artisanal angles and eye-catching color options, teases the beauty that’s inside. Opt for engraving with your beloved’s name, and bonus points if you match the exterior to the ring’s stone color.
4. Woodstorming Faceted Wood Box ($94) and 5. Chalk Concrete Geometric Ring Dish ($50): Become an early adopter of the minimalist wedding trend and conceal the prized bauble in a geometric faceted box with a smooth exterior.
6. The Mrs. Box The Fairfax ($75): For a luxurious proposal, these French velvet ring boxes are a must-have. With a rainbow of hues and the option to customize with a gilded initial, this proposal box is its own little treasure.
7. BHLDN Ring Display Box ($18) and 8. Waen Geometric Terrarium Ring Box ($40): If you’re looking for a more organic way to pop the question, a terrarium ring box lets you customize down to the material the ring rests on. Display the prized possession amongst tiny succulents, soft flower petals or heart-shaped confetti.
9. Chambre de Sucre Macaron Limoge Trinket Boxes ($10): Talk about the *sweetest* way to propose. You can choose from six scrumptious “flavors” of this French macaron box with a gold rim.
10. Roar + Rabbit Marble Jewelry Box ($34+): For a whimsical mid-century modern approach, pop the question with this marble and wood box. The geometric brass inlay design mimics the shape of the ring’s stone and would make a great storage box for years to come.
11. Morgann Hill Designs Personalized Wood Ring Box ($23): How adorable is this nod to the romantic gesture of carving your initials into a tree? It also makes an eco-friendly option for the perfect rustic-influenced symbol of your everlasting love.
12. Dazzling Expressions Art Deco Ring Box ($23): For a Gatsby-approved proposal, look no further than this elegant wooden box painted with your initials and finished with a vintage-inspired golden clasp.
13. My Wed Style Woodland Personalized Wedding Ring Box ($35): A clear engagement ring box with personalized engraving provides endless options for further customizing your proposal. Fill it with petals from your beloved’s favorite flower or dried lavender for a sweetly scented moment.
14. Vault of Wonder Rupee Engagement Ring Box ($60): For the couple that loves to play games, this Legend of Zelda-inspired 3D-printed rupee box will make you the biggest winner of all.
15. Bespoke Laser UK Engraved Engagement Ring Box ($19): Commemorate your engagement date with an engraved ring box offset by organic laurel branches. Include your engagement date in the design, and add the wedding date after your fiancé says yes.
Planning the perfect proposal? Follow us on Pinterest for unique ring ideas + inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.