11 Non-Traditional Wedding Programs You Can Find on Etsy
You’ve sent out creative save the dates, designed the perfect non-traditional invitations and even started brainstorming some innovative menus to add to your list of creative DIY wedding ideas. So why should you settle for something basic and boring when it comes to your wedding program? From displaying the day’s lineup on the sides of popcorn boxes to printing ceremony details directly onto confetti packets, there are plenty of original ways you can change things up. Here, we’re bringing you our favorite fresh ideas, which you can find on Etsy. Check ’em out and get ready to say so long to that standard sheet of paper.
1. Newspaper Program ($9): Start spreading the news! This hot-off-the-press program features the wedding’s biggest headlines and even a couple of games to help occupy guests while they wait for the festivities to get underway.
2. Cartoon Drawing Program ($60): Why stick with bland black-and-white when you can infuse your program with color? Cartoon-style drawings are a fun way to introduce the wedding party and other VIPs.
3. Photo Booklet Program ($10): Put your engagement photos to good use by featuring a few favorites inside the program. We especially love the way this booklet is divided into sections, making it easy for guests to read up on different types of info.
4. Paper Fan Program ($9): Help everyone stay cool at an outdoor summer wedding by passing around printed paper fans. We just love the rustic touch here.
5. Twine-Tied Program ($2): Rustic weddings are still a huge hit with couples everywhere. If you’re planning one, consider creating twine-tied programs that are sweet, simple, and just right for a laid-back ceremony.
6. Hand-Tied Program ($4): Embrace your creative side by designing a unique set of hand-assembled programs.
7. Popcorn Box Program ($1): Just as thrilling as any big-screen love story, your journey to “I do” deserves the full Hollywood treatment. Print ceremony specifics onto the sides of popcorn boxes to help set the stage for your big walk down the red carpet… err, aisle.
8. Infographic Program ($45): Love story in a few words and numbers. Yup, we’d say that pretty much covers it!
9. Cootie Catcher Program ($3): What types of secrets does the ceremony lineup hold? With cootie catcher programs, loved ones will surely be in the know.
10. Lunch Sack Program ($2): While traditional lunch sacks just end up stuffed inside the office refrigerator, these crafty creations are definitely fit for a wedding. Have fun filling them up with candy, confetti, rose petals, or any other type of goodie.
11. Confetti Program ($3): Speaking of confetti, is there anything more awesome than these colorful program packets? Create your own using glassine envelopes and tissue paper.
Find more wedding design inspiration on Brit + Co’s Pinterest page.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!