Just because a space is for your baby doesn’t mean it needs to look “babyish.” Your BFF may have decorated her little one’s room with duckies, bunnies, and chickies, but your nursery can still sport a sleek style that matches the rest of your house. After choosing the big-ticket items, such as the crib and dressers, it’s time to accent the space with a few standout pieces. No need to stuff the room with tchotchkes galore: Check out these adorable accents to make your baby’s room a stylishly special space.
1. Crate and Barrel Modern Coral Cuckoo Clock ($65): Now that the Land of Nod is Crate and Kids, you have even more awesomely adorable shopping options. This cuckoo clock has a contemporary look that’s simple, sweet, and perfect for your baby’s room.
2. Pottery Barn Kids Paper Airplane Wall Stick-Ons ($27): Don’t want to dress up your baby’s room in anything permanent? These 3D wall stick-ons are adorable and removable.
3. IKEA Krux LED Wall Lamp ($35): If cutesy-cutesy accents aren’t your thing, this animal-themed LED wall lamp offers little kid style minus the sappy sweetness.
4. The Rug Market Elephant Rug ($165): While this rug comes in pink or blue, the simple elephant design is gender-neutral enough to work for any baby’s room. It’s also an easy add-in if you’re waiting until baby’s big birthday to find out what you’re having.
5. Crate and Barrel Lovely Letter Throw Pillows ($19): Accent the glider in your nursery with these more-boutique-than-baby throw pillows. Choose your baby’s initials, spell out their name, or pick out one pillow for each family member’s given name.
6. Yahalomis Single-Flower Ceramic Vase ($34): These minimalist pastel vases are completely contemporary, chic, and simple enough to match almost any theme or color scheme. Forget about fussy florals and intricate patterns: Accent the space without going overboard.
7. Pottery Barn Kids Pop Color Photo Ledge ($49): Turn your kiddo’s wall into a rainbow with these shelving units. Display your baby’s first pics, stash their new little toys, or stack books on these brightly colored (yet surprisingly simple) shelves.
8. Anthropologie Swan Nightlight ($34): Why choose a boring nightlight when you can get one that looks like this? It gives off a soft splash of light at night while contributing to the room’s decor during the day.
9. Pillowfort LED Edge-Lit + Etching Mountains Light ($17): This light is all about form and function together. Instead of deciding between a decorative element and a useful one, why not have both?
10. Rebecca Rebouche Nightfall-on-the-Moor Mural ($298): This dreamy naturescape is perfect if you don’t want to commit to something more permanent (like hiring a mural artist to handpaint one of your own). It comes as a series of eight panels so you can easily customize the placement for your space.
Tweet us your creative nursery décor ideas @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.